1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How often do you cry?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Jul 14, 2018.

1. I always feel better after a good cry. I cry probably once every 3 to 6 months. This doesnt seem like enough considering the world we live it sometimes. Anyways, all opinions welcome.

Brain-Police and Flyhigh like this.
  2. tweeby

tweeby Banned

I cried yesterday.

@lolwut punched me in the groin

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. Umm, I don't. And I mean it. I really don't cry at all.. I think its good for your spirit to cry from time to time but its just not my thing.

4. About every month or so, I also appreciate a good cry, no matter what events may be going on. I'd like to think it reminds me that I'm still human.

u376, Deleted Account and Flyhigh like this.
  5. tweeby

tweeby Banned

Lies!

6. Flyhigh

Flyhigh Fapstronaut

I cry every second of the day.

7. I swear! I swear! And I swear again.

8. tweeby

tweeby Banned

I'm gonna needs me a scout's honour promise to verify that buddy.

Otherwise, to me you cry internally to yourself but nobody sees it.

9. Flyhigh

Flyhigh Fapstronaut

Lol

10. Yeah, internally it happens indeed , although not so often. I don't like letting my emotions out too much. Especially this kind of emotions. I feel like there is no need to let them them get out to breathe fresh air :D.

Flyhigh likes this.
  11. tweeby

tweeby Banned

TRUE, it's always good to repress your feelings, that way everyone around you thinks things are 'hunky Dory'

12. Hold on, googling hunky Dory.
    Done googling.
    Thing is nobody really cares if you cry or not, or what you feel, so is more like a self decision to let them out or not.

tweeby and Flyhigh like this.
  13. tweeby

tweeby Banned

It matters to you though right?

14. What exactly? Other people's emotions?
    BTW I feel like I'm hijacking this thread...

Flyhigh likes this.
  15. tweeby

tweeby Banned

No your own emotions. Try and think about why you're hiding them from the outside world - if you like we can discuss this in private.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
    Flyhigh likes this.
  16. Umm idk if hiding is the proper term here. But I been like this since forever tbh. I find it unnecessary to be so emotional. I have like a filter ;for example, sadness /sorrow emotions barely get out.
    I think its because of my dad. He never cried ( never saw him at least). He's never shown any sadness emotions either. He's quite emotionless. A great dad, really great but quite emotionless.

Flyhigh likes this.
  17. Thanks for the replies. I think crying can be overdone and somewhat manipulative too. I also think if it is genuine with no social or relational "goal" in mind it is very cathartic. There are some extremely human pleasures that renew me from time to time:
    1. Crying
    2. Moshing/dancing
    3. Laughing to the point of physical pain
    4. Screaming
    Anyone agree? I think that's why I have to go to intense concerts periodically because I get to check off at least three of those.

18. Not regular. But once all two weeks

19. I don't cry nearly enough. I went through a rough depressive episode a few months ago which meant I was crying very frequently, but following treatment for that I stopped altogether.

Cried for the first time again a couple of days ago and it felt amazing since I hadn't cried in about 4 months.

You've likely come across this already, but I made a little thread on Bioenergetics early today that may be of interest to you!

https://www.nofap.com/forum/index.php?threads/bioenergetics.183421/

20. I'm sure I'd be better off if I cried more.
    Currently in grad school on top of a full time job. New courses start every four months, and at least once every quarter I break down in tears under all the stress. Sometimes twice. Add in other emotionally intense times and occasional deep sadness and it works out to once every month or two.