1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How to be more confident?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by NewGeorge, Jun 15, 2019.

1. Besides nofap, exercise and meditation which all seem to be linked more or less to being more confident, what other tips do you fellow fapstronauts have in this case?(I'm talking particularly about confidence in social situations- making friends, approaching girls etc.)

2. StopForever

StopForever Fapstronaut

For me, make sure the thoughts I have is right and understand the consequences if I act it.

If in doubt, slow down everything and prepare to say sorry to the people I am dealing with.

Buddha also teaches us not to be angry in any situation.

Really thanks for your post. It really helps me to think and act like a child again.

ssha6451 and properWood like this.
  3. ssha6451

ssha6451 Fapstronaut

I think pushing yourself outside your comfort zone helps.
    When you show yourself that you are capable of things that you didn't think possible, your confidence rises.

4. An important part I think is accepting that there will be some failure and rejection no matter what you do. There is a freedom in this, in that you don't have to feel self-conscious about saying/doing something 'wrong'. In fact, after awhile, you can start to see these missteps as a kind of 'badge of honor', and laugh about them with others who are also brave enough to put themselves out there. The irony is that the less you try to impress people, the more they will naturally be drawn to you. But it has to come from a place of real inner peace and acceptance - you can't fake it (especially with girls, who have some kind of sick radar to detect that stuff lol).

Kiz Whalifa and NewGeorge like this.
  5. elevate

elevate Fapstronaut

Confidence isn't the belief that nothing will ever go wrong or that you're perfect.

Confidence is the belief that no matter what happens (positive or negative experience), you can handle it or you'll learn to handle it.

Circumstances are made not to matter as much by experiencing them more. The more pain, problems, and negative experiences you encounter by taking more risks (failing and getting rejected more / making mistakes on the road to gaining competence) the more you feel confident that you're able to handle the possibilities of negative experiences more (and thus you're willing to take more risks and continue to spiral upwards in confidence and competence).

So repeated courage to challenge something that you're currently incompetent / insecure / inexperienced with eventually leads to competence. Repeated competence leads to confidence. That confidence will allow you to have more courage to take more risks in other areas of your life.

Confidence is something that's earned.

Kiz Whalifa and NewGeorge like this.