1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How to be more manly?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Oct 30, 2015.

1. Hello,

I'm working as IT outsource admin and I'm going to a lot of places to install something or do for our clients. My problem is that people look at me, like I'm a child (and they say this to me!). My appearance is showing this, I will try now in coming days to buy some cloths in more business style, than casual ones. But clothes are not the main problem. I want to be more manly, that's why I workout for more than 2 years. I have big hairness on my legs and hands which explains high testosterone (correct me if I'm wrong please). But my facial features still shows my childishness. Also my voice is cracking which shreds my nerves. I want to throw it away and forget it.
    There's a girl I want to take interest in me, but she's 2-4 years older than me. She's not showing any interest. Yeah, I know that there's plenty more fish in the sea, but if I improve myself now, it will be easier for me in the future.
    I'm exercising, sometimes running, taking cold showers, trying to talk low on voice. How can I improve myself?

2. Ekhangel

Ekhangel Fapstronaut

Just look at pictures of Bill Gates from the 80s, when he was starting with Microsoft... That should help.

3. I suppose I am naturally manly so I don't know how to really give advice here.

I should be asking to be less masculine and more mentally flexible to embrace my feminine yin energy as that would benefit me lol.

But I do know of one great site, www.artofmanliness.com

True manliness is an art. Just as life lived to the best of one's inherent potential can be likened to an art.

Granted these types of art take discipline and long-term effort to reach any levels of mastery in, anyways getting a lil off topic here.

My 2 cents. Check out that site, it is quality stuff, The Art of Manliness
    :)

Just curious how old you are? Don't have to answer.

Sounds like your body could benefit alot from 90 days of hardmode at least tbh, from a purely physiological standpoint. Let those hormones and vital energies build up my friend.

Having alot of hair on your legs and hands doesn't necessarily mean you have high testosterone.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
  4. taqwa

taqwa Fapstronaut

Manly: Taking care of your responsibilities when you want to and when you don't want to. May we all be more manly.

LongWayHome likes this.
  5. zero01

zero01 Guest

So, you need to APPEAR to be more masculine?... Use body language

- The powerful man is comfortable being quiet. He's comfortable being engaged. He has a broad spectrum of behavior. Overall the person who has achieved some level of power is generally socially astute and comfortable in most types of situations.

- The powerful man tends to sit straight up. Not necessarily military, but comfortably tall. The guy who is slumped over his chips could easily be depressed or down about something but typically I look at the straighter the back the more likely the power level.

- Powerful men tend to vary their posture. They tend to be comfortable and use the space they have. Powerless people tend to stick with one type of posture for most of an evening.

- Talk slow, and be short and to the point when speaking... Someone who speaks too fast and too much is seen as nervous or uncomfortable

- Make use of a strong and dark colors clothing... Look at the overall appearance and demeanor of the character "Ryan Wolfe" of the series "CSI Miami"... He's one of the shortest and youngest of the men of the series, but he knows how to behave to be taken seriously...

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2015
    BeachDude1992 and docker like this.
  6. zero01

zero01 Guest

Or you may study every character portrayed by the legendary Clint Eastwood! (BTW he's who inspired the whole demeanor of the Jackman's Wolverine)

The body language and demeanor of Cullen Bohannon of "hell on wheels", and "Lucas hood" of Banshee are also good to take into consideration..

I'm talking about the way that these characters move, talk, the speed of talking, overall body language.

Warning!!!:

These characters also display violent behavior within the series, but displaying physical/verbal violence is NOT a sign of masculinity AND it's usually seen as a sign of insecurity and mental instability within normal situations...

Instead of it there's something called ASSERTIVENESS, a polite way of being self-assured and confident without being physical or verbally aggressive. Read something about it

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2015
    BeachDude1992 and docker like this.
  7. [​IMG]
    He's damn hot and so masculine! :)

I'm 20. Closer to 21.
    I will wait for 90th day and will check myself for sure. I know there are benefits just from 14th day.

Responsible, showing a confidence and poise, caring about loved ones, looking at others with respect, have his own rules man, who change climate just by entering room. I have these guys in workplace where I'm visiting and just looking at them makes so jealous.

Okay, so anyone knows a good book about body language? How I should use it?
    I want to start immediately.
    Clothing, behaviour, posture and being more mysterious. I will take these advice to my heart. Thank you.

8. g2stop

g2stop Fapstronaut

Lift weights, when you have a more muscular body you will look more manly and have a better posture

LongWayHome likes this.
  9. Temujin

Temujin Fapstronaut

If you want to be more manly. Feel more manly.

Ask yourself what you can do that will make you feel more manly. The change in your emotions will have an impact on how you act and appear.

Try to feel manly at-least once a day.

Some people lift weights, some tackle goals, some try to talk slowly and move slowly.

Ask yourself what will personally make you feel manly. Then do that.

LongWayHome likes this.
  10. Ekhangel

Ekhangel Fapstronaut

LongWay, I was talking more about this one, for instance. Anyway, whatever you do - nothing boosts up attractiveness/manliness like self-confidence! And yeah, that's just another bullshit cliche advice, which I presume you do know already.

[​IMG]

11. No, I think this advice is good. During 3 years on NoFap I have learned many things, but during this time you forgot about some of them. So it's good to refresh them from time to time.
    I have self-confidence, but I think my posture is bad. Also I'm talking fast, so it's showing myself like I'm not so confident.

Yeah, I will try from now onto coming days to think about it and do something.

12. Voss

Voss Guest

Art of Manliness is awesome. Literally, I read it everyday and really get into the whole process of being a proper gentleman everytime I walk away from it. Feels good man

zero01 likes this.
  13. Verhart

Verhart Fapstronaut

Before you buy any new clothes, vist r/malefashionadvice. It will save you a lot of money.

LongWayHome likes this.
  14. zero01

zero01 Guest

15. openminded

openminded Fapstronaut

Just watch. Instant boost for your balls :D
    Btw. it's a long time since I post sth on this forum, good to be back, esp with 40 days on counter !

LongWayHome and Indignation like this.
  16. Thank you, kind of late because I was shopping yesterday, but will check this later today.

Before he was jumping, I was like 'damn he's saying so much truth' :) But yes, he's right. We need to exercise our masculinity.
    Yesterday when I was shopping, I went to cash to get receipt and pay for goods. There was a girl, that was probably new here.
    When my turn came, she was so beautiful, I just stayed here and looked in her eyes. So, I stopped whole queue to look in her eyes
    and feel that this challenge is not a waste of time. She was smiling to me, I smiled to her and this was one of the magical moments
    I love during that time.

openminded likes this.
  17. As I've learned in school, masculine and feminine are social constructs designed to keep people inside categories other people are able to easily recognize.

I'm only 24, but this is how I see it:
    Do you. Be you. And be confident in who you are. Assert yourself, but don't be cocky. Have a quite confidence. Love yourself.

Defining manly will differ from person to person for sure. It's how you define it for yourself that matters!

BlueNotes and LongWayHome like this.
  18. Phyzik

Phyzik Fapstronaut

Watch out with trying to fit more in our society's definition of masculine. What might happens is that you could possibly become someone that isn't who you really are. That is no good... Authenticity is what brings you happiness. Trying to become someone that you're not is kinda harmful and will probably bring more suffering...

People are telling you to become confident. I disagree. What I think you should do is to accept yourself as you are and truly love yourself as you are. When you do, your energy will change and you will attract authentic girls. You won't need any confidence. You only need to accept yourself as you are. This will make the social awkwardness completly disappear.

Also, there is nothing more attractive than a guy who doesn't act like someone he isn't. Authenticity is the biggest turn on ever, no matter if you're masculine or not. Society pressures you to become masculine. You don't need to follow the mass!

LongWayHome likes this.
  19. There's a beauty to being confident in who you are. Being confident doesn't mean changing who you are or aren't, exactly.

20. BlueNotes

BlueNotes Fapstronaut

Kyle Barker hit the nail on the head in my opinion!

Kyle Barker likes this.