1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How to become eloquent and good at communication

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by A Conqueror, Jun 13, 2022.

1. A Conqueror

A Conqueror Fapstronaut

Hello,
    I think this has always been a problem for me, having the information on my head, understanding a topic, a concept, but not being able to speak it out efficiently, convincingly or in the way that I would like to. Making me seem like I know nothing about what i'm trying to say, or making me seem like I'm slow. I hate that.

I've decided to improve this, I've heard that writing really helps in this matter, that it makes you gather and organize your ideas efficiently with practice, so I want to start writing every day if possible, even if it is for a short period of time, the thing is that I'm not sure what to write about or how, maybe I'll try writing random essays about any topic every day.

Do you have any suggestion?

2. Imperator Tartarus

Imperator Tartarus Fapstronaut

Scribe your thoughts, even if its just for you to read. Write short stories. Reading books also introduces you to new words and proper grammar.

3. +Masculinity

+Masculinity Fapstronaut

Writing can help, but what's more important is being able to actually speak your thoughts. Here is a list of controversial topics. Pick one and start talking to yourself out loud about it with a 5 - 15 minute timer set. Speak for as long as you can about it. Once you finish see if you can list bullet points of your main ideas, then see if you can go through those bullet points and repeat to yourself the gist of what you said before. Maybe fill in a few of the bullet points with subpoints if you need to remember some brief specific details.

At this point you should now have a speech and you're already well on your way to memorizing it. Go through it several more times to fully memorize the speech, each time use less bullet points so you have less reminders of what you wanted to say. Eventually you should be able to speak the entire speech without any reminders. You've now successfully memorized a speech about some topic without every having to write more than a few bullet points while simultaneously fleshing out your thoughts on some controversial topic and practicing your ability to think while speaking.

The more you practice this the better at it you will become.

A Conqueror likes this.
  4. +Masculinity

+Masculinity Fapstronaut

You'd be surprised how accepting people are if you just explain to them what you're doing! I talk to myself all the time and my roommate knows I'm just working on a speech haha

5. A Conqueror

A Conqueror Fapstronaut

That's true, I shouldn't be a coward and get rid of my silly fears