1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How to deal with envy?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Hey guys,

I realized I am often troubled with a uncomfortable and niggling feeling and I finally realized that a good part of that is envy.

I envy mostly things regarding women and sex, so for example the thought of my previous girlfriend having sex with someone else is still pretty hard for me. Also the thought of men having a lot of casual sex eat through my brain - even though I think (or try to think) that casual sex is not worth it. But the thought that they have it, that they have the possibility, that they get adored by so many women is nagging in my thoughts.

So that feeling could be described as envy, especially as I don't necessarily want the things (at least I think I don't want them) that I envy.

Has anyone here has similar problems or even better a solution? Maybe someone has talked to a therapist about that and could share his/her wisdom?

Thank you :)

2. BigBallOfFire

BigBallOfFire Fapstronaut

do you meditate? if not, start.
    Also learn how to practice Metta. It will help your symptoms.