1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How to deal with insomnia

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by ItsJustMe1056, Jul 3, 2021.

1. ItsJustMe1056

ItsJustMe1056 New Fapstronaut

I have bad insomnia and a large percentage of my relapses look something like, it's 1:00am-6:00am and I can't sleep. After laying for awhile in bed unable to fall back asleep and unable to banish the tempting thoughts, I relapse. And that doesn't necessarily even mean I fall asleep after.

Anyways, I wanted to know if others have this problem and if y'all have any advice on how to survive a sleepless night without it being a relapse night

2. Surviving a sleepless night won't really help you much. If you're ready to deal with the sleep problem more comprehensively search for keywords sleep hygiene either on this site or just the web. You can try a couple of things to start but be consistent for at least like 10 days to give it a chance to work, it's all about timing.

3. Redemptionisrequired

Redemptionisrequired Fapstronaut

Your addiction is probably melded with the insomnia you're feeling. You PMO to sleep and if you don't you suffer from insomnia. You'll need to face a few nights of insomnia potentially(I did and still do on random stress induced days). I use lavender oil on a cotton before I sleep. Try to meditate before bed, download guided meditations, learn to accept the insomnia. It's temporary, I promise. I've been through it.

4. loverofpeace

loverofpeace Fapstronaut

I suffer from insomnia. Cutting screen time does not help me - my brain is waaaaay too hyped if I don't engage it heavily before going to sleep -.- Instead, I avoid any and all sorts of alcohol, maybe go for a walk before going to bed, take over the counter sleep aid 1 hr before bedtime, then try to watch something relaxing / read something calm / listen to something peaceful in bed. Ideally, no screen is better if you can...I like redemptionisrequired's advice. In the morning, I take Vitamin B, drink cold water, sip on a nice cup of coffee, maybe listen to some energetic music...in other words, emphasize the contrast between "it's daytime, time to be awake and full of energy!! :D " and "it's nightime, time to shut down and relax -.-". That's what helps me : ) we're all unique aren't we ^.^

5. breaking-myths

breaking-myths Fapstronaut

Taking a shower before going to bed ,has helped me alot.