1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How to deal with mosquitos while doing Meditation.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Hard gainer, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Hard gainer

Hard gainer Fapstronaut

The most annoying distraction Durning meditation is mosquitos. It can really make you irritated and will make you frustrated very easily. I like to Meditation in out door. I go to park and sit cross legged on park bench under the tree and do meditation. Being in India you can find mosquitos anywhere. It is very famous for these annoying insect. The main distraction for me during meditation is these mosquitos. Most of the time I manage to not focus on it and continue to do meditation. But sometimes it really gets annoying. And also it is dengu season now. I much worried about getting infected if allow these parasite to feed on me. I also don't like mosquito repellents. It's smell causes me nausea.
    Any one suffering through same problem during meditation.

2. If you are meditating right way, you cannot get angry with them really. But it depends on your level of awareness/spirituality (do not look for offense in this).
    However, I do not live in India and I do not have "mosquito problem". And of course if there is a risk of infection cause mosquitos, I would suggest you to protect yourself from them then.
    And if you found it that annoying that you just cannot meditate, stay in your room or just somewhere where mosquitos aren´t.

One more thing - this mosquitos can be great instrument for (your) meditation. You can see if your mind is complaining or not, if you feel anger, irritation ... and it is okay, if you are okay with mind and body :) .

3. Use lemon. It is a natural mosquito repellent. Lemon candles, citronella candles. Take them with you put them in a circle around you and light Em up.

4. Hard gainer

Hard gainer Fapstronaut

I know, I should not be getting angry with it if I am doing it properly. But I am just beginner. I am learning it since few months. So I am not able to prevent distraction. Also I love to do meditation out door sitting in park, under tree with natural breeze. So i am going to find solution with some natural substance as repellents( since the smell of repellant causes nausea). These parasites are not going to stop my progress.

Dares Greeneye likes this.
  5. Hard gainer

Hard gainer Fapstronaut

Yes I am going to try lemon. I have also read that perfume can also distract mosquitos. And also read about some natural substances which acts as repellents. I am going to give every thing a try and find the best for me.

6. I live in the Southern US and mosquitos are a constant problem. Anything with citrus acts a repellent. Another thing we use is called Skin So Soft made by Avon: https://www.avon.com/product/skin-s...56333?s=ProductFeeds&c=TMI_feeds&otc=03974610

Just rub it all over exposed skin. Works as a repellent and your skin will be so soft. We use when we go fishing instead of repellents.

7. DeProfundis

DeProfundis Fapstronaut

Do you have mosquito coils? Take them and burn them to chase away those pesky buggers!

8. Physicist

Physicist Fapstronaut

Mosquito repellent of sorts, obviously.