1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How to find differences between either dream or reality??

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Zillion, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Zillion

Zillion Fapstronaut

Today ive come up with an interesting question when i was in deep state of meditation..

we are quite familiar with lucid dreams.. the dreams that we can take control of it..

so we could do whatever in that sequence, even some people are able to resume the same sequence of dream again and again..

so if we have ability to retain the dream and act according to our scenarios..

how do we distinguish the differences between the state of reality and dream??

both are extendable, both are vivid, so what are the advantages and disadvantages with both of them?

im totally felt mind explosion just by thinking of these possibilities..

2. Reminds me of parable by Zhuangzi:

"Once upon a time, I dreamt I was a butterfly, fluttering hither and thither, to all intents and purposes a butterfly. I was conscious only of my happiness as a butterfly, unaware that I was myself. Soon I awakened, and there I was, veritably myself again. Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man."

3. Minsc

Minsc Fapstronaut

When I was young I found I couldn't send dreams where I wanted. When ever I tried they would all fall apart. The idea of whether I'm in a dream or reality is not something I've ever pondered deeply upon. I keep in faith that when I'm awake I'm in reality and not dreaming.

On the note of dreams, the thought just occurred that I can not recall a time where I was typing up posts on a forum such as this. Perhaps from a third person perspective but not first person. Is it due to me, the dreamer, observing everything with a birds eye view? I find looking in a mirror within a dream to cause the dream to fall apart and I wake up in turn. Be best conclusion I can come to is I'm looking to see my own reflection but can not since I'm not actually there in the dream.