1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How to Gain The Courage to Take Cold Showers

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Andre2807, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Andre2807

Andre2807 Fapstronaut

How to Gain The Courage to Take Cold Showers
    Disclaimer: This is not my material, but of the website called: www.menprovement.com

Okay, so you know by now that cold showers are awesome. Great.

Now good luck waking up tomorrow morning and taking one (regardless of how amped up you are now).

It’s hard to take the plunge.

So I think some words of encouragement are in order.

First: As Phil Drolet, of TheFeelGoodLifestyle says:

What would the best version of you do?
    No one else is gonna push you into that shower (unless you have an asshole older brother). You just have to take the plunge. And every time you do it, it will get easier. If you want to be the best version of yourself, you have to step outside your comfort zone.

Second: As Michael Anderson, Author of The Experiment says:

Turn it into an experiment
    The thought of taking cold showers every day for the rest of your life is daunting. Like making any other lifestyle change that your mind perceives as permanent. But Michael Anderson helps people overcome this daunting feeling, by having his clients turn things like this into an experiment.

So here’s your experiment.

All you have to do, is take a cold shower tomorrow morning, and see how you feel. You can start hot, but end cold, for at least 1 minute. Then see how you feel. If you liked it, then do it again the next day and see how two days in a row made you feel.

It’s just an experiment, not a permanent life change.

Third: My advice

– Write down on a whiteboard or pad: Cold Showers

– Now make 30 boxes, one for each day

– Commit now to checking those 30 boxes off

– After the 30 days, you can decide to keep going or not. (I bet you’ll keep going)

But whatever you do, don’t be too serious about it and have fun. If it’s gonna stress you out, then it’s not worth it. This is supposed to improve your life, not scare you to death.

Are you man enough to take a cold shower?! Let us know if you took the plunge, and how it went, in the comment section below!

The benefits of cold showers

2. Dailydoer

Dailydoer Fapstronaut

Stand naked under the shower. Open the cold tap. Scream like you're doing opera. That's it

Deleted Account and Andre2807 like this.
  3. Sal

Sal New Fapstronaut

I've been taking em on and off since 2011.

I enjoy both hot and cold.

I start huffing and puffing before I get in then I breathe in as the cold water hits parts of my body and then I'll exert some energy from within and take the shower as intended.

4. Andre2807

Andre2807 Fapstronaut

I've been taking cold showers on weekday mornings, and warm showers on weekends and it's working brilliantly.

5. silentvatcher

silentvatcher Fapstronaut

I take weekly thrice or twice ice bath and cold showers.. The trick is to get mentally ready.. I start breathing fast and shaking my body intentionally then slowly calm myself then relax in ice cold shower or tub.

6. Huntilt

Huntilt Fapstronaut

Can you tell me what are the good points of having a cold shower please? I don't find the strenght yet but if i know the recommandation i could try once !!

7. plongeur

plongeur Fapstronaut

google for Wim Hof - the ice man will amp you for the merciless yet rightful cold ...