1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How to get out of the House.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by SilverMarrow, Oct 1, 2017.

1. SilverMarrow

SilverMarrow Fapstronaut

I'm a sedentary guy, so's the rest of my family. I realized this last week when I visited, and found that most of our time is spent sitting about with various forms of media. Becoming like that as I grow older is a clear possibility, more so for my chosen professional field. (Art)

I don't know how to solve this. Conventional wisdom tells me it's a matter of "just walk around bruh" But, like, walk where? Wander around outside without a goal? I can't do that all day, and I can't build a habit on that.

Days where I've got a lot of free time don't usually involve getting out of the house, but I'd like if they didn't consist of me sitting at my computer all day.
    I need to have a reason to go out, and I don't know how to fabricate one.

2. SweetTransformation

SweetTransformation Fapstronaut

Have you thought about taking a course of some sort or maybe going for a jog, making use of your local library or even getting some fresh air in the park?

I hope this helps :)

3. Library!

Also, I think you are wrong. You can make an habit out of walking aimlessly and you'll probably enjoy it way more then you think, if you manage to pay attention to what you see as you walk. And probably you will find some cool shop or something that draws your attention and you walk in and explore it... Etc. I think it's a great habit. Also get public transportation passes to cover longer distances... Hehe

Knighthawk and SilverMarrow like this.
  4. SilverMarrow

SilverMarrow Fapstronaut

I'm actually a student so I take classes on a regular basis.

5. Messialdo

Messialdo Fapstronaut

Play Pokemon Go :)

Deleted Account and Zapster21 like this.
  6. JakeWoods

JakeWoods Fapstronaut

Join a gym. It is one of the best things you can do.

You'll look better
    You'll feel better
    You'll have something to do... everyday
    You'll meet new people

Not to mention all the benefits your health gets from it. You say you're a sedantry guy. This will be good for you :)

7. Zapster21

Zapster21 Fapstronaut

Awesome idea. Might want to restart that journey. At least that would get me a lot of fresh air, and a purpose to go outside and explore

Knighthawk likes this.
  8. Matt05

Matt05 Fapstronaut

I agree with JakeWoods: Because you are sedentary you will see huge changes in your body very quickly and you'll not only look heaps better but feel it too. Joining a gym is the most obvious option but as a fellow student I know it can be expensive so if you can find a park with a track just set a goal: run around it once and do 10 push-ups then tomorrow run it twice and do 11 push-ups. Just try to get going as that's the hardest step and make sure to set a goal as that will "fabricate" a reason to go out. Good luck and stay strong.

9. Physicist

Physicist Fapstronaut

aimlessly walking around for 30mins to 1hour is 1000000x better than being sedantary at home. you should be a habit if it isn't already.

find a coffee shop, go do your readings there.

study at the library.

do anything with that gets you moving. stop it with the BS that you need a reason to go out. i get a headache if i stay in too long.

however, here is a reason: you'll die far earlier and develop massive health problems if you stay sedentary. if this isn't enough to get you out of the house for some fresh air then you are slowly destroying your health.

10. Messialdo

Messialdo Fapstronaut

Yeah go for it!

I still play it, I met some cool friends in my community who are also still playing it.

11. I am usually at home almost always, but in large part it is because without money in hand there is not much that can be done lol. And where I live I do not have any friends around, I usually see them in college and that's because they live far away or are busy.

However, when I really feel bored to be at home, I just go out there to walk away from home. You do not have to leave the house for a goal. Leaving the house alone is the goal. You know, to stretch your legs, to feel the sun from time to time ... On some other occasion, I take the liberty of eating something out there if I have the opportunity.

The gym thing works very well. I for now exercise at home because going to the gym is no longer within my purchasing power. It is very expensive (here where I live)

These days I went to church to leave home for a while. You can also go out and buy something that you need. Is the cheese finished? the ham? no tomatoes Well, I think I'm going out shopping.

They are only suggestions. But do not press for it my friend.

AscendingBorborite likes this.