1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How to handle downtime...

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by The prodigal son, Nov 15, 2018.

1. One thing I am continuously confronted with in my day to day is what to do with my downtime. Got a couple of minutes free at work, usually means I search the internet for some images I can stash away for later.

An hour alone?
    A day off?
    A night to myself?
    Can’t sleep?

All of these gaps in my daily routine have the habit of spelling disaster for my reboot.

I am committed to spending less time online, if I can help it.

As well as directing myself towards this site...to vent and lay my thoughts down for all the world to see...anything as long as it means keeping my head in the game and my hands away from myself.

What do you do with your extra time?
    How do you fill that space with positive and efficient activity....especially when it’s not hours upon hours or days at a time?

Love to hear your thoughts and suggestions.

Just killing time after all...

Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
  2. Septimus

Septimus Fapstronaut

Welcome! Are you new? I'm glad you're here.

I try to have a plan for my free time, but lately I have been a little lax. On my day off I tend to have a similar routine, but I try to fill my time with rest and fun activities: for example, sleeping late, a nice breakfast, maybe go grocery shopping, and see a movie out or watch a couple at home. In the evening, I tend to watch movies anymore, not even watching much other TV. I've generally been good about where I surf; but again, lately I've been a little lax about idle searches and it's gotten me in trouble.

Keep coming back!

The prodigal son likes this.