1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How to improve posture?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Jack York, Mar 29, 2018.

1. Jack York

Jack York Fapstronaut

Any stretches or exercises? any help would be appreciated :D

2. Karimtolstoi

Karimtolstoi Fapstronaut

You can help yourself by watching this

3. asbgca

asbgca Fapstronaut

Huge problem for me. Great video ^ also check out the Motivational Doc on youtube.

Beingpure and Jack York like this.
  4. Jack York

Jack York Fapstronaut

great, perfect. thank you :D

5. Jack York

Jack York Fapstronaut

great, thank you very much :)

6. asbgca

asbgca Fapstronaut

A few tips that are helping me:
    1) for head alignment always keep your head back and chin tucked so there's a straight line connecting your ears, shoulders and thighs. If your ears go in front of your shoulders you're in trouble.
    2) for shoulder alignment, stand up straight with your arms hanging down and lift up your thumbs up like you're hitchhiking. If your thumbs are pointing in toward each other you're rolling your shoulders too much and you're in trouble. Roll your shoulders back (without shrugging up) so both thumbs are pointing forward parallel to each other. You want to activate that muscle in between your shoulder blades (rhomboids) so it keeps your shoulders from rolling forward.
    3) always use lumbar support when you're sitting.

A few more vids:

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
    Beingpure and Jack York like this.
  7. One of the best tricks to improve posture, is to stand up in good posture, then hold that position and tie a string around your waist (almost tight).

Then leave the string on during the day... Each time your posture falls into bad position, the string will become tight reminding you to straighten up - do this for a while and eventually it will become habit to position yourself in a better posture.

Deleted Account, asbgca and Jack York like this.
  8. date a taller girl.

9. VirilitySupreme

VirilitySupreme Fapstronaut

Squats and deadlifts my friend !

Jack York likes this.
  10. Toomuchh

Toomuchh Fapstronaut

squats and bench press helped fix a lot of my poor posture

Jack York likes this.
  11. Chest out, shoulders back and up, and imagine your head being picked from the ground like a turnip and your back straight up

Jack York likes this.
  12. Jack,
    I have been actively working on my posture. This is either the third or fourth week of work I've done. Here was my approach: for starters, I never allowed myself to slump, whether I was standing or sitting. Period.

One thing I still do every day is for seven minutes push my back against a wall. Since there is trim on the walls of my apartment, I don't have a really good spot, but I do the best I can. Put your heels against the wall. You should feel your gastrocnemious against the wall, your buttocks, both scapula, and the "cranial external protuberance". The protuberance is the little thing on the back of your skull that feels like a gumball cutout. Women don't have that. Anyway, if you have a full length mirror, try for seven minutes a day to hold the perfect posture. Make your back straight. The hardest part is to flatten the scapula all the way against the wall so that the shoulders are as low as possible and they are as posterior as possible. You should feel nearly all of the scapula on the wall. The scapulae are concave (sort of) so you should feel the perimeter of each scapulae, whether it is superior, lateral, medial or inferior.

My back hurt for the first three weeks, and I was in constant pain, but I decided that if I was not in bed sleeping, that I should keep my foot down on this thing, and lately, it has started to become natural and painless. It is the best cure for back pain, and after a while, starts to become involuntary. Also, it makes you look like a confident Alpha male, which every guy should work towards.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance!

Jack York likes this.
  13. Were you responding to me Boeing747 or someone else?

14. ShotDunyun

ShotDunyun Fapstronaut

Personally, Calisthenics have improved my posture by a mile. Push ups, pike push ups and dips do wonders

Jack York likes this.