1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How to increase will power to study

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Nasyb, Sep 5, 2021.

1. Nasyb

Nasyb Fapstronaut

I have a very important exam is few days, but I'm so lazy, stressed, zero motivation to study. I don't know why, this happens to me, everytime when I get closer to the exams, I feel like doing nothing, and just sit for the exam, get failed again and again.

Chris_Cactusblossom and ICE :D like this.
  2. Quezatolah

Quezatolah Fapstronaut

Wish I could help you but I'm in the same boat lol, we're going to figure it out though. It's all in your head.

Nasyb, Chris_Cactusblossom and ICE :D like this.
  3. determined99

determined99 Fapstronaut

You may feel studying is too boring. Try studying a very little piece of it. For example, read 1 page at once, and do it 3 times for a day, can you? In a week you will read 21 pages.

4. Quezatolah

Quezatolah Fapstronaut

I got a really good advice from a teacher just recently, it was about asking yourself questions and searching for the answer in the textbook like a detective, that way your interest will stay high and you will be able to go through a thick book in a relatively short amount of time, got this literally about an hour ago, thought I'd pass it along.

5. HelperX

HelperX Fapstronaut

Try this method, it's very helpful.

Draw on a paper what you are reading. This way, study will be fun and you will understand everything easier.

Grandsire Bhishma, Nasyb and ICE :D like this.
  6. Quezatolah

Quezatolah Fapstronaut

What if I can't draw?

Nasyb and ICE :D like this.
  7. HelperX

HelperX Fapstronaut

Illustrate in some way. Are you able to do simplicistic drawings or you can't even do that? If you can, just illustrate what you are studying.

8. Quezatolah

Quezatolah Fapstronaut

I can draw stick figures but that's it lol, and the funny thing is I want to create my own manga one day.

9. HelperX

HelperX Fapstronaut

Haha xD, well, stick figures with some improvisations, that should work :D.

ICE :D likes this.
  10. Try to change your mindset that studying is hard work and resignify.
    Study what you like if you're not at school.
    And really what my friend said above is true, try to go looking for what you want in the study so your mind looks for more.

11. Don't think about starting at the beginning and slogging through it, just flick to something that looks interesting. Reading the conclusion before you read the book can help you get a sense of what it's about, which makes things easier and maybe more interesting. (Reading from start to finish is ideal, but if you're lacking interest and willpower, then don't make things worse by trying to force yourself. Make it fun and start small).

Grandsire Bhishma and HelperX like this.