1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How to pass the first week?

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Fortitude42, Jan 6, 2022.

1. Fortitude42

Fortitude42 Fapstronaut

Hello, i'm new here in the NoFap forum trying to quit PMO in order to not mess up my adulthood ( im 18 ), but not necessarily new knowing about NoFap and it's community, besides, i've been reading lots of tips and stories about NoFap, its tactics and strategy aswell, but just recently signed up for this

The first counter i made was in September 2021, so it's been a few months since i decided to quit.

But the problem is, i can't seem to pass the first week without struggle. Sure, there has been progress and i did better compared to i was in September 2021, but it's just i can't pass the first week ( the 6th day is the furthest i can go )
    I always failed during the 2nd-5th day. The reason is just the urges keeps getting stronger and stronger each day.

And for the benefits, i feel slightly better during the 4th-5th day, but i realized that fantasizing is the worst you can do and it really reduce the benefits. That's my current priority to avoid, but still, all of that motivation in the first day always goes downhill as day passes by

Any tips for passing the first week?

Last edited: Jan 6, 2022
    mjs0344 likes this.
  2. mjs0344

mjs0344 Fapstronaut

I'd be interested in knowing as well. I'm newly committed to this and have just joined the website but in the past I have always failed during the first week or so.

It's one thing if it got easier but it just seems to get harder and harder as it goes on like climbing a mountain that gets steeper and steeper as I climb and eventually I just fall to the bottom.

Does it ever get easier after a certain point? I hope so!

Kim96 and Fortitude42 like this.
  3. Fortitude42

Fortitude42 Fapstronaut

I think it does. From what i read from many websites, articles and posts, it may get easier after the 1st week ( it differs from person to person i think ), but only with minimum to no P fantasy and Edging, as it really builds the momentum that actually drains your willpower and eventually a relapse.

All said and done though, i still can't pass the first week...

mjs0344 likes this.
  4. Fortitude42

Fortitude42 Fapstronaut

Gad dangit i just relapsed, i feel like shit. not even the third day yet...

5. Ronaldeutsch

Ronaldeutsch Fapstronaut

Hello, I'm new to this, I've been trying to quit from almost a year now but I am not able to succeed. The furthest I went was 43 days but I messed up on the 44th day and I've been bingeing since. I've tried everything, (almost everything if not everything) but I've not been able to succeed. I hope this helps :)

Fortitude42 likes this.
  6. HZG

HZG Fapstronaut

I'm the same just started nofap this week. Been 6 days. For me getting past the 6th day is tough which is today and I WILL GET THROUGH IT!!!

Best thing to do is make small goals.

I've started cold showers this week and joined this community. This was my first step.

And another thing was to be more committed in my faith and ask God almighty to help me, give me strength to get over this obstacle in life.

Soon I will try going out more to different places to socialize.

Small steps is the key.

I've decided 100% to quit this year, last solo session was 2nd January.

We can do it together, stay strong!

Ronaldeutsch and Fortitude42 like this.
  7. Fortitude42

Fortitude42 Fapstronaut

One of my source of motivation is definitely surfing the NoFap forum, talking with others and sharing the experience, it helps pretty significantly.
    Also, i'll try to make small goals whenever i can.

Good luck guys!

HZG likes this.
  8. ctwhnexus

ctwhnexus Fapstronaut

You need to practice breaking thoughts, breaking bad thoughts!

Fortitude42 likes this.
  9. To pass the first week (and just about any week) is to remember the regret and guilt you feel post fap and hold onto it so you can maintain that feeling if an impulse happens to come through. Meditation and focus can help with reducing you impulses on week one as well. I hope you make it past week one.

Adolfo993 and Fortitude42 like this.
  10. Fortitude42

Fortitude42 Fapstronaut

My biggest if not only problem with trying to pass the first week is that, a single trigger can actually ruin my streak.

It really shuts down my rational thinking part of the brain, if not slowly until i lose control and relapse
    For that, i'll probably try exercising or meditating to release that energy