1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How to Quit Sugar?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by alexandrebois, May 19, 2021.

1. alexandrebois

alexandrebois Fapstronaut

Hey guys!

i wanna Quit sugar definitely!

Is it healthy to Quit sugar definetely ?

Or is it okay to take 1-2 spoon of Sugar per day?

What's the correct Method to quit Sugar and Live Healthy

Mangold likes this.
  2. M Eezy

M Eezy Fapstronaut

The science says 9 teaspoons a day in men.im not sure if you have to stick to the daily limit or you must just quit it completely. I've also tried to quit but I just relapse within few days that this is so addictive

3. Slimjimjones

Slimjimjones Fapstronaut

Let me fix that for you.

"I want to quit added and artificial sugars indefinitely"

Most carbs have some form of sugar and fruits are still healthy.

I'll still eat some added sugars on say a cheat day but that's it.

Literally the EASIEST way to cut back on sugar is to quit drinking liquid sugar. I.e. drink water

pancakebaker99 and M Eezy like this.
  4. SocratesTheKing

SocratesTheKing Fapstronaut

Hi

You have several questions and all of them will get several opinions.

IMO there is no correct way to quit a bad habit. There are some common themes, admit it’s a problem, develop an action plan, and find an accountability parter. For this particular problems, learn to read food packages and learn the different words for sugar and simple carbs (IE maltodextrin).

If you want to quite added sugars, which like slimJimjones has expressed. Learning to eat and cook with single ingredient foods is one of the best ways to take control of this aspect of your life. The only added sugars will be the sugars that you add! Most people won’t debate that this is an unhealthy approach.

If you want to quit all sugar, first good luck, second there is much debate as wether or not it is healthy in the long term. Look up the ketogenic diet, but do not by keto markets snacks, most of those are artificial garbage.

Personally, I eat the bulk of my calories from meat (non processed meat). I’m larger, I very into fitness, and I need a large amount of protein. I hardly use protein supplements anymore. I honestly eat a few lbs of meat a day. I drink milk and eat raw honey daily. From those two sources alone, I get about 60 grams of daily sugar. Throughout the week I mix in fresh vegetables and fruits. There are many people that would argue that the way I eat is unhealthy due to the emphasis on meat.

The best take away is to remember that all bodies are different, and we are all at different phases of our journey. Feed yourself with what will make you healthy and never let quest for the perfect diet become such a stressor that it does more harm than good.

pancakebaker99 likes this.
  5. arkad1

arkad1 Fapstronaut

Healthy to quit sugar?

Sure, it's like asking if it's healthy to quit smoking.

Obviously, all fruit sugar is ok. All other sugar is shit.

6. arkad1

arkad1 Fapstronaut

9 teaspoons?

Sure, if u want to get cancer.

alexandrebois likes this.
  7. alexandrebois

alexandrebois Fapstronaut

lmfao

8. Davikch

Davikch Fapstronaut

There are like 4.5 teaspoons in one apple, so it's not that much.

SocratesTheKing likes this.
  9. M Eezy

M Eezy Fapstronaut

9 teaspoons it's too little

10. arkad1

arkad1 Fapstronaut

Comparing fruit sugar and processed sugars is like comparing gold to shit.

That's how food industry fuck your mind up and sell tons of shit every day, and giving u as much diseases as possible, making u think this kinda things.

VikingThor and SickSicko like this.
  11. pancakebaker99

pancakebaker99 Fapstronaut

Every time I think of sugar I always think of food sweets like candy and ice cream treats like those. I know those aren't the only things that have sugar in them since sugar is in lots of foods.

Since sugar is in so many things we eat I feel the best way to quit sugar is not to rush it. Try looking at some of the ingredients of stuff you buy and try to change eating habits a little bit at a time. I feel that is what worked for me in terms of cutting back on sugar. Also very important to make sure you don't have someone who brings around lots of sugar foods since you might find those tempting.

12. arkad1

arkad1 Fapstronaut

BTW, i do no ingest any sugar except sugar which is naturally contained in fruits and vegetables.
    When u stop eating sugar, the craving start to decrease untill they disappear.

Sugar is a hard drug, it fucks up your body and your mind.

FastNCurious and pancakebaker99 like this.
  13. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

Change sugar for stevia is healthy, sweet, no calories and no side effects

14. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

Yes! and if you can get a stevia plant and trim it from time to time and powder it, the best of the best, as most commercial stevia products out there is like 0,05% stevia and 99,95% erythritol or whatever other sweetener hahahaha

I used to take leaves from my stevia and eat them raw, insanely sweet.

Mangold likes this.
  15. palindromo

palindromo Fapstronaut

sure , in the past there was no refined sugar the only sweetener was honey. It is a post industrial creation

16. Mangold

Mangold Fapstronaut

sugar = energy
    to put it simply. Sugar isn't per se unhealthy. Even refined sugar. I think eating pure sugar is healthier than some industrial foods that contain sugar.
    The main issue with sugar in our modern diet is of course the bloodsugar spike and then the longterm effects of that, like diabetes II.
    If you eat a "sugar bomb" and before you eat something with a lot of fibres the bloodsugar will not spike as high.
    And of course a lot of quick energy means a lot of extra fat if you don't need that energy and your body stores it.

I think, a healthy body can deal with a lot of foods and beverages that are considered unhealthy without a problem. Occasionally! But over time and when you add other risk factors body (and mind) will suffer from it.

17. FastNCurious

FastNCurious Fapstronaut

you do not need sugar the way it is consumed in modern diets most sugar is refined sugar and it is packed into alot of food products. if you want to moderate sugar eat fruit because fruit also has fiber and enzymes which arent the same as drink a caffiene drink with 30 lumps of sugar.

once you start blitzing apples and oranges into smoothies you are breaking down alot of the enzymes and fiber if you are only keeping the juices and you are adding a fuck tonne of sugar into your blood stream

fruit also have vitamins and minerals and enzymes which help the body break down fats protein and carbohydrates

switch simple carbs for complex carbs

the reason why you crave sugar is because of its addictive nature its is fast into.the blood stream but can cause alot of health problems.

moderation is key you will never become addicted to complex carbs .

one thing to note is high sugar intake increases insulin which is a fat storing hormone , which is higher than protein or fat.

complex carbs and fresh fruit is how you wean off simple refined sugars

Last edited: Dec 28, 2023
  18. ColonelMustard90

ColonelMustard90 Fapstronaut

sugar from fruit is different because fruit has enzymes and fiber that help break it down which regulates blood sugar and Hunger

The issue is when people blitz like 20 apples and throw away the pulp . The pancreas then dump as much insulin to combat it

Fruit that is more of a concern especially for people with diabetes is fruits with a high sugar low fiber content

Last edited: Jan 5, 2024