How to remember this day, to help me not procrastinate?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by nonanino, Nov 1, 2014.

1. nonanino

nonanino Fapstronaut

Hey all,

I'm stuck at home doing homework that's due tomorrow and I could have had it done days ago. Now, some friends have spontaneously decided to be in town, and I don't have time to go and see them. Also, a girl I met 2 months ago sent an e-mail out of the blue inviting me to this thing. No time for that neither.

This all makes me feel very bad. Huge feeling of loneliness and a fear that it will last forever. Huge decrease in feeling of self worth and respect.

One thought keeps running through my mind... this never again. This sucks SO bad and is SO avoidable, how can I ever make this mistake again?

Well... I fear that next time when I have spare time, I will waste it all over again because I forgot this horrible day.

So my question... does anyone have any tips on how to remember this feeling for the future?

2. Stephen1195

Stephen1195 Fapstronaut

Wow, is your counter updated? Uhm as for advice, I also think you should go write a journal or if you want something more different, video yourself expressing how much you are feeling now.

3. nonanino

nonanino Fapstronaut

Whose counter? Right now mine counts the days since I first learned about PMO. My current streak is 30 days (I earn a star!) And Abel is doing amazing as well :)

Thanks for the tips Abel and Stephen. I've written it down as a letter signed "past you" directed at "future you" so yeah sort of like a journal. It's also in my journal on here.

I made the deadline by the way! And went to visit my friends on sunday, which was totally rewarding after the hard work the day before :) I've also written down a mantra and posted it next to my bed, so I can repeat it in the morning and the evening. It's a few sentences to keep the idea of "just do it" alive in my mind. Big props also to TotalLifeChange who (while he doesn't know it) has given me the mantra ritual idea.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
  4. Stephen1195

Stephen1195 Fapstronaut

Well, you should update your timer so people wouldn't get confused xD I'm interested with that mantra thing, is it ok if you pm me that one? I might ad well include it on my new lifestyle plan --,