1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How to start?

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. Toni7

Toni7 Fapstronaut

How to start this particularly journey.. how to star this propely with God? To end M and O. And when I married to have a healty love life?

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
  2. The battle is in the mind. That is where it must be fought and won.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zqVL11JjWICOHCRUDmqXr9TNC_gpb6yhRF1hKp-fxcc/edit

1) Cut off your source of P, no matter what it takes to do so.
    2) Get an AP or three on this site and start checking in with each other every day.
    3) Commit to no P and no MO. Commit to no P-subs of any kind. Commit to no unhelpful sexual thinking.

I am praying for you and cheering you on. You can do this!

seraphim64 and Toni7 like this.
  3. Toni7

Toni7 Fapstronaut

How to start "this' with Christ?

4. Not sure what you mean by "this." Have you followed the first steps I already recommended to you?

1) Cut off your source of P, no matter what it takes to do so.
    2) Get an AP or three on this site and start checking in with each other every day.

Toni7 likes this.
  5. Toni7

Toni7 Fapstronaut

Amm first I don't relly have a problem with P at all. I have with other two. M and O. I think this time I'm strong enough to resist. But I need now to approach my recovery with God. I think I kind of lose it.. I stopped praying and other things.. I want some advice how to start this journey with Him. How to include Him. And recover all the way. With body, mind and soul.. And how to ask forgivness or how to earn it..

6. seraphim64

seraphim64 Fapstronaut

Toni. I’ll have some more time later to respond and possibly message you.

But you have to realize that you can never earn forgiveness. We are forgiven because God loves us and shows us mercy.

With you saying you can’t pray and that you have to earn forgiveness I am concerned that you are looking at God as an angry God, when in fact He is a loving God.

when you fall if you fall run towards God in Prayer rather then running away from him as He sees all anyway He sees us He hears us we can’t hide. You will never be good enough to earn Gods love and forgiveness none of us are. It is a gift He gives us.

so I would say how do you Do This with God?

1. Be honest and transparent with God don’t be afraid to talk with Him and be honest
    2. Have a regular regiment of reading Gods word daily and memorizing scripture and hiding God’s Word in your heart
    3. Don’t go it alone you can’t do it alone find an AP and also fellowship with other believers.

That’s it for now. I am praying for you.

Toni7 and Tao Jones like this.
  7. How do you connect with God best? Figure that out, and then start there, maybe.
    https://irp-cdn.multiscreensite.com/2988a589/files/uploaded/sacred-pathways.pdf

And re-read what our friend, @seraphim64 , wrote. God is for us, not against us! He desires to know us, if we will only draw near to him.

Toni7 likes this.
  8. Toni7

Toni7 Fapstronaut

Good thinking @seraphim64 I will try that way. So we will see how it goes. I don't really have a time for AP..

9. Then I guess you don't really have time for recovery. When you get desperate and at the end of your rope, we'll be here. Until then, I wish you the best and will continue to pray for you.

10. Toni7

Toni7 Fapstronaut

I think that will cost me to much time. And I'm already spend too much time on the phone.