1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How to stop the urges?

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by sean66, May 22, 2016.

1. sean66

sean66 Fapstronaut

Hey guys, i need some advice on this one. I started the nofap, PMO challenge last week and had a good 5 day run prior to which i relapsed. After that day i relapsed continuously the next few days and it was all because i did not know how to control my urges. I could use some advice on this one, anyone know how to control the urges please leave a reply.

Thanks

2. Pete27

Pete27 Fapstronaut

Meditation helps me. Coming here also helps. If your urges are too strong, try not to be alone.

baltic likes this.
  3. Try to talk to yourself. In your mind there are various voices. One of them is like: "Do it. You'll start it all over, no worries. It's gonna be fun. You just need it now. You wouldn't make it anyway." Another one is like: "I don't want to do it. I decided not to do this and I'm strong enough to stick to my resolve. Really, it's silly. I'm a grown up man. I came up with good reasons to quit it. It's backed by hard science, you know?" You may not be aware of these voices, but this doesn't mean they're not there. The former voice dominates the latter and you do nothing about it. You can't just eliminate any one of them, but whenever the negative voice rises, give power to the positive voice (the one you gave power to when you took up a NoFap challenge, remember?). So, say (in your mind or even aloud): "Hey you, reasonable one? Why so quiet?" and then it says "Yeah, I mean, don't listen to this shit talk. You're better than that.". You respond, "Man, you're damn right. Like, what's on your mind?" and it says "Just ignore this shithead. How about a walk outside?". You moan that it's raining and you hate it, so it replies "So?! You won't drown in a puddle, will you?" and you take an umbrella and go out.

sean66 and Pete27 like this.
  4. Pete27

Pete27 Fapstronaut

I like that, baltic!

5. sean66

sean66 Fapstronaut

Damn that;s badass man, thanks, will try it