1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How to Wake Up Early

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by BackToManhood, Jan 29, 2016.

1. BackToManhood

BackToManhood Fapstronaut

Set your alarm, and have an awesome breakfast!

Since I started eating bacon+eggs omelettes and drinking good coffee for breakfast, I've been excited to get out of bed when I wake up in the mornings. This has been a huge help for me whereas in the past I would just lay in bed for another hour or so with my phone, which would eventually lead me to relapse.

So that's my advice. Have a breakfast that you really look forward to. I love the smell of good coffee and smoked bacon frying in the morning. Once you're out of bed and you've gotten a good breakfast in you, you'll be ready to tackle the day.

2. Nouvel Homme

Nouvel Homme Fapstronaut

But I'm worried good coffee would disrupt my sleep that following night.

Asgardian36 likes this.
  3. bender84

bender84 Fapstronaut

I recently got a Phillips light alarm clock that works well in waking me up on time and I am less groggy when the music comes on. You set the alarm time and then 30 minutes beforehand the light starts coming on and by the time you need to wake up its on full strength. It's supposed to simulate sunrise.

Asgardian36 and Deleted Account like this.
  4. nomo

nomo Fapstronaut

I looked at buying one of these as a gift during Christmas. It's a great concept, maybe now I'll get one for myself.

Asgardian36 likes this.
  5. BackToManhood

BackToManhood Fapstronaut

It would be great to have one of those! They're kind of expensive though aren't they? The only ones I saw were about 100 bucks. Wondering if it's worth it.

Asgardian36 likes this.
  6. bender84

bender84 Fapstronaut

I think it was a worthy purchase for me, but your mileage may vary. I read something about smart lightbulbs that you pair with your phone and you can put on a schedule. They might be cheaper than my clock.

Asgardian36 and BackToManhood like this.
  7. nightm4re

nightm4re Fapstronaut

I'm using SleepCycle on my phone as an alarm - it knows in which phase of sleep you're in and wakes you up gently when you are closest to being awake. Works wonders for me. Gone are the days I felt like zombie when the alarm went off.

Another thing that gets me excited to get out of bed is going to the gym. Especially when I am about to lift my new personal best, I just can't wait to do it.

Delicious high-protein breakfast is a great thing, solid advice.

Asgardian36 likes this.
  8. ifthisislove

ifthisislove Fapstronaut

Sleep cycle is great and I should use it far more often. Having abrupt and noisy alarms get me pissed off for the whole day so this is a nice welcome treat to the day via the medium of soft gentle music.

Asgardian36 likes this.
  9. newmotto90

newmotto90 Fapstronaut

Put your alarm in another room, so that you have to getup and turn it off...once you wake up just go and wash you face with cold water.
    Try an alarm with out snooze, that will make you jump out of your bed :)

Asgardian36 likes this.
  10. Hi...
    The only best way to wake up early is :
    1.understand your body needs and sleep habits.
    2.based on 1st ,sleep at right time.
    If we take care of this ,we'll find that we are right on target the very next day.
    Bt we ignore these things,sleep inadequate and then find ourselves in sleep related prblms.
    Further,PMO really makes sleep habits like hell.anxiety too disturbes it.I still find it hard to regularise even after straight 1 year abstinence frm PMO .BT if we really want to get up early in morning,we'll find ways.

Asgardian36 likes this.
  11. Monster Carrot

Monster Carrot Fapstronaut

But who makes the breakfast for you?

Selfdiscovery likes this.
  12. nightm4re

nightm4re Fapstronaut

You make it for you.

Asgardian36 likes this.
  13. @Monster Carrot :

Good question.:)I make breakfast for myself non else!some times I have breakfast in office if I get late.not a big deal man.

14. I too still have sleep problems.whenever I wake up early I feel sleepy .I'm still regulating good sleep habits, sometimes it gets fixed but again gets off track.I have talked to many whose sleep habits is very nice.even if they sleep less then also they get up early at same time and still feel fresh but it doesn't happens with me.

15. himmelstoss

himmelstoss Fapstronaut

I recommend melatonin, especially if you like to MO before going to sleep.

16. Zpeshnak

Zpeshnak Guest

One thing about the cofee, it makes more difficult to absorb the nutrients, it's advised to drink 1-2 hours after a meal. In the morning it's said it help the most when you start to feel drowsy like 2-3 hours after waking up. Or that's what I've read, I left cofee altogether really don't see a need for it it I want my body to have it's own energy levels through good eating and excercise. Some people, like me, are too sleepy when we wake, what helps me is to drop some cold water in the tape of my neck and voilà, after a little stretching and warm up and goood to go eat or prepare the breakfast.