1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How to work out 'The person you want to be'?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by ClearAsMud(Al), Nov 24, 2015.

1. Remember in a few of the nofap academy videos and also in a few journal posts reference to creating the image of 'The person you want to be' to act as a magnet to encourage one to strive towards it with ones actions.

Problem is all that i know is 'The person that i do not want to be'. Every time my mind wonders into seeking/stimulation mode, whether at home, out and about, driving etc, I know i don't want to be the kind of person who is controlled by those mental habits.

Have read The Slight Edge and created the lists under 'Dreams for the 7 key areas' but the push away from 'The person that i do not want be' is stronger than the pull of 'The person you want to be'.

Just wondered if anyone had some advice or experience to share.

2. Maybe you're just not ready yet - that can happen. Here are a few suggestions. Take a look at what you came up with for the person you want to be. Reflect on each bullet point or item and really take some time with it. Visualize what you'd be like if you took on that order and made it your reality. Next question - very important - ask yourself. Does this feel natural? Answer honestly because maybe the goal isn't really for you and it was written down just to get something on paper to complete the exercise you were doing. A good example from my life is that I wanted nothing more than to be able to play the piano. I studied and practiced for a year and wasn't any good at it. I asked myself that question and the answer was no, it didn't feel natural and it just wasn't who I was so I let it go and some other great things came into my life.

Another point is to clear out any unnecessary clutter from your life and your mind. If it's not serving you, get rid of it whether it be things or ideas. That way life can bring in the new.

Stop focusing on what you don't want to be. Focusing on that will just attract more of what you don't want into your life.

If you're having a hard time working on what you DO want then just release the pleasure that it has weighing on your mind and instead just be "willing" to change. Sometimes if we're just willing and continue to remind ourselves all day that we're willing life will allow things to happen without us even realizing it; magical shit can happen. It's all in the power of our mind.

Let me know if you want to talk more an share ideas on a deeper level. I'm not sure of what you're specific goals are, and they really don't matter as this advice should be able to help you regardless.

I wish you the best!

Jon

ClearAsMud(Al) likes this.
  3. Ty for reply. some good all-round sound advice there. Will ponder on this for a few days.