1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How would you describe depression?

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Verhart, Jul 24, 2016.

1. IGY

IGY Guest

I CALL ELEPHANT EXCREMENT ON YOUR STATEMENT! YOU ARE A FUCKING LIAR @Hexenwahn!

Today you claim you are not depressed anymore. But 50 days ago, you said you are STILL DEPRESSED! STOP PRESS!
    Oh, Mr Martin Sir, have you had a sudden cure in the last six weeks? Let me guess - a complete lobotomy, hahaha! :D
    You only said you were depressed, I didn't realise you were delusional as well. I guess you lied to cover the stink of your shit on this thread! You have no business being on a thread about depression. Who are you? Nurse fucking Ratchett? :rolleyes:

2. HopeFaith

HopeFaith Fapstronaut

U can write, I give u that. I know that feeling u describe very well, infact too well. I have spent all my life sitting on the fence watching people live their lives while mine is passing under my nose without me feeling any joy or pleasure. The good thing is.... I now know why!

What unites all addicts is internal disconection from our soul, inner child, feelings. Normally this occurs because of trauma, neglect, emotional unavability of our parents, painful emotions we could not face or expresses. As children we lack the capacity to self comfort our pain or negative emotions and we need to depend on our parents to do that for us. But if we have parents somewhat emotionally distant or abusive or addicted or judging and we are constantly told we should not feel hate or anger or this or that, we learn to dissociate with those negative emotions. We learn to lie to ourselves and the world they do not exist. If our pain does not get comforted we separate from it, distance ourselves from it. Also if we are we tought not to cry, to act out in a certain way and mold ourself into what our parents wants us to be in not very loving way...we loose touch with our inperfect inner self ...with our soul.... after all they want us to be perfect... Our true inperfect angry hurting selves gets left behind.... By us.... This creates long lasting internal seperation u experience like emptiness or void.

All feelings live in the same place, those negatives and those positives. And as we struggle to become perfect or because of trauma that causes internal seperation, we abandon our soul, heart, true feelings. We abandon our inner child. And as our soul starts feeling the pain of disconection we continue to use addictions to further further numb it. We grab what ever we can to fill in the created internal void:drugs, people, smoking, MO, PMO, Internet, TV, games....but the more we do that the less we feel our emotions, the further away we are from our true soul. Depression is that. Deep disconection from our heart and soul kept in place by our negative self thinking, beating and self criticising voices. It is loss of hope and not knowing the way out always imagining sadness lasting forever. We get stuck in the victim, too tired, why bothered state because it is safer than feeling our internal pain, pain of abandonment our souls feels. It feels like we have lost our soul because we never stayed true to it. It feels like our soul has died. But you can feel that inside of you and this is very good. It means you are aware of what has happened to you and you can start searching for your heart, soul, feelings and completely recover! There is a way of getting back in touch with our soul once we decide we are worthly to recover and ready to face our pain. ... This way is that of inner child healing where step by step we learn how to reconnect to our body and get in touch with our core selves.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
    vulture175 and Merlionno like this.
  3. Today is not 50 days ago. Yes I'm cured, or at least I'm on the good way because a lot of great things happened in my life since I decided to change.
    I'm sorry that my quick recovery pisses you off.

4. marcpro

marcpro Fapstronaut

Not taking part but from both perspectives I understand the reaction,
    but a debate doesn't seem possible here.
    So before ending in insults it would be good if both of you stop here.

Deleted Account likes this.
  5. IGY

IGY Guest

Your alleged illness/recovery doesn't piss me off you dick head! :p YOU FUCKING PISS ME OFF YOU LITTLE DIP SHIT! :mad:

6. Fine. Unwatching thread because I prefer topics without a "dick" or a "shit" every two words.
    Best regards :)

7. IGY

IGY Guest

There we have it - you didn't even have a clinical depression in the first place, lol. You had a reactive depression. So when you change your circumstances, you improve. You do not even understand how clinical depression works, hahaha! :D

Merlionno likes this.
  8. IGY

IGY Guest

At last - bugger off! :)

9. tattleen7

tattleen7 Guest

I Am Feeling Worthless Lazy Fuck I 3 days ago broke my streak of 16 days and now again on 3rd day i did it i am so weak i cannot imagine if i will be ever able to recover my exams are starting from 9 september i dont know how will i concentrate i want to stop i really really want to stop but there is no one to support me my family is fed up of me i have no friends just my dog who is the only one i think likes me for who i am but i want to change i am feeling like shit when i think about future all i see is darkness and nothing now joys me up
    all my brain want is those fu***ing pixels on the screen the days 1 to 16 august were best of my life in previous 2 years please guys i need support help me guide me i even tried to do suicide once but my mom stopped me pleasee

10. Merlionno

Merlionno Guest

Wanna talk about it in PM?

11. NooseAnchor

NooseAnchor Fapstronaut

With all due respect, and without trying to offend you:

A person who advises someone who suffers from depression to go out more might just as well advise a paralyzed person to pick up running as a new hobby.

vulture175 likes this.
  12. tattleen7

tattleen7 Guest

please

13. jnettle1

jnettle1 New Fapstronaut

14. jnettle1

jnettle1 New Fapstronaut

It's the unending pain which leads, for me, to thoughts about killing myself as the only way to change the miserable present. Fortunately, I have a strong supportive family who manages to get me help soon.....that has always meant Electronic Convulsive Therapy(ECT) as the only way to get back to normal.

15. I went to a physiologist and asked for antidepressants, and she denied. I tried to convince her then she asked me what is depression. I was like she is taking my viva. I told her it's a feeling of sadness and hopelessness. Then I came home and searched Google, it is serotonin deficiency. Serotonin is a neurotransmitter. Neurotransmitters are brain chemicals that carry information throughout our body and drain. They affect mood, sleep...

16. It can also be described as the lack of motivation and willpower

17. Last year 8-9 months I was in depression and it comes from time to time. I thought of suicide. I also had a post explaining my reason of depression.

18. HopeFaith

HopeFaith Fapstronaut

You do not need antidepresants, they help with nothing but only mask your symptoms. They will make you feel better while you take them but once you discontinue treatment your oryginal symptoms would return to you. It is like taking a painkiller for pain because u have broken leg. What you need to do is fix your broken leg, this means deal with the reason that causes your depression.

From my own experience this can be pinpointed to lack of ability to create a safe internal place full of love and tranquility. What you have inside is an internal world full of negative uncomfortable feelings and to cope with that people disconect from their emotions. Depression is a way of coping with that, you keep yourself down and low because it is safe. But once you learn how to sort out the emotional disconection from your soul/inner child, change the negative thinking into positive and reconect with that safe loving feelings inside of you and start living according to your inner guidance and calling, those symptoms would disappear.

If you take meds without fixing your underlying reasons, you are condemning yourself to a lifetime of dependance on medication and runing away form your inner reality that is unplesent. It means u will spend your life living like a zombie with that unplesent stuff inside your chest and drugged out not to feel it....

19. Verhart

Verhart Fapstronaut

To anyone still suffering - search for Behavioral Activation Therapy. It's a very easy thing to aplly, you can even do it yourself or ask someone to write a schedual for you. Helped me a lot, maybe it can do wonders for you too.

vulture175 likes this.