1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I Can't Study ...

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Musta, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Musta

Musta Fapstronaut

I remember a time when I could study when I wanted to , a time when I was achieving big things and a time when I was the first in my country at 9th grade . Even though I was an addict but PMOing at a low rate . That was still the real me . (started PMOing at 8th grade)
    Now after 7 years of PMOing , every bad effect of this habit is reflected in me . I literally can't study anything unless I have an exam the other day . I believe that what I have lost is my willpower . I could say "No , I'm not doing this or that now I've got work to do" before . Now , I can go along with the smallest distraction . When I sit down to start studying I be like "just let me check out my facebook for a minute" then I just waste hours googling things and browsing the Internet and the day is gone ...
    I believe that Nofap will help me in this but I need to do more . How can I get my willpower back ? and do you guys have any advise to help me study and stay away from distractions ?

2. Gilbert

Gilbert Fapstronaut

Often quitting PMO runs equally alongside serious self-improvement. For example I'm currently trying to get fitter with more regular exercise, better at my music by practicing my instruments more, and beat my anxiety by trying to care less of others thoughts of me when out. If you don't change your lifestyle it's only gonna be all the harder. This is what I believe anyway. I too struggle awfully with time-wasting on social media (hence why I'm not asleep right now haha!) But may consider cutting down your internet time where you can (I quit Twitter years ago when doing my GCSEs and never got it back thankfully!). Otherwise you've got to have willpower and motivation.

Best of luck!

WannabelikeJoJo and Musta like this.
  3. david-ca

david-ca Fapstronaut

Oh The same exact thing is happening to me.It's been 7 years for me too and i want to study but before now it was easy to study even on a day i had relapsed but now i can't study to about 2 or 3 days after.but on day 4 or 5 i can.which i rarely get to day 4 or 5.If i quit PMO i know i will see the improvement very fast like in two weeks at most it's probably like this for you too.it's hard to study when you can't focus and you are guilty and beating yourself up

Deleted Account and Musta like this.
  4. Immor

Immor Fapstronaut

I wish I had a good answer to that one.
    But part of the issue is that we are too soft on ourselves. Go and punch anyone who tries to tell you to "Take it slow" or "Don't overdo it".
    We have enough comforts thanks to modern living, no need to coddle ourselves further. We only grow in the face of adversity.
    We have to be harsh with ourselves, push it, man up, master ourselves, or whatever you want to call it.

skart, Kurapika and Musta like this.
  5. It took PMO 7 years to take away your will power, so its fair to assume it will take some time to get it back. Just have patience.

Musta likes this.
  6. Musta

Musta Fapstronaut

This is so true man . All we need is to practice being harsh on ourselves ... we have spoiled ourselves , now it's time to man up .

WannabelikeJoJo likes this.
  7. iceman137

iceman137 Fapstronaut

Yo man, I can relate to your situation. When I feel not like studying, I look up for motivation videos and pics. It always helps. I would advice you to study away frm the computer, or turn off your internet connection. Be hard on yoself man, look for a reason why you started, what yo goal is.

Musta likes this.
  8. stringer313

stringer313 Fapstronaut

Hey, Musta, You sound just like me. I have a final assignment to do and I just don't touch it. I maybe study about it, but, I study for maybe 1 hour a day if not less.
    All of the asignment, I have done so far with a tutor and I pay him a lot.
    That's a part of my problem with avoiding studies. It's an everyday strugle and I fail most of the time.
    If only I studied better during the course, I would have probably done the asignments by myself and a lot sooner.
    My desire is to help others with computers, and teaching math, but, how can I help them and tell them to study and review the material if I don't do it myself ?

Musta likes this.
  9. Musta

Musta Fapstronaut

The problem is that all of my study is on the computer , but I'm practicing being hard on my self . I'll try looking up motivation videos and pics , thanks

10. Musta

Musta Fapstronaut

it's never too late man even if you didn't study a lot during the course , you can make it up now . And you already have a big motivation , make some math and count the money you would save if you do it yourself without the tutor ! you can call him less frequently if necessary :)