1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I do NOT care about my job

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Roffelaar, Jun 10, 2022.

1. Roffelaar

Roffelaar Fapstronaut

Don't you guys just get furious with the insane inflation rate and your salary is as much as 10 years ago?

That's how I feel about my job. I am 28 and get paid just as much as when I was 18 years old (close to minimum wage) and when I mention this to my employer they don't do anything with it.

So basically I stopped giving a fuck. I work as a salesperson in a store with a 0-hour contract and everytime they even put a tiny bit of pressure on me or want me to study about the brands and shit outside work in my freetime I just REFUSE.

It is just stupidity to me that even on a 0-hour contract they try to put you under pressure and make you obey to their shit. I am going on holiday for 6 weeks and this was not allowed under their rules and regulations and they tried to make me feel bad because the other colleagues want to go on holiday too and they have a limited amount of people and it is difficult to hire new people blabla. I am going anyway, don't need their approval for how I live my life.

I mean, pay more and get employees easier. But no way they will ever do that and now it's my problem?

Doesn't this stuff make you guys angry too? It's eating me alive haha.
    The only thing that keeps me sane is that I am fucking good at the job and that the customers are great people. But still, it is not enough for me to stay there in the long run. They can fire me anytime and I wouldn't sleep a second less. Probably sleep better lol

Hope you guys like my rant and otherwise I hope you relate :)

2. desmond3

desmond3 Fapstronaut

It's a shame that almost everyone work only for money, while the true meaning of a job should be contribution to the society. You are doing great on this part, as you are receiving the minimum wage, yet you are still trying your best and doing well in your job. In addition, I agree with what you said about the employers. They are often greedy and want to squeeze every bit of value from their employees with minimum amount of salary. However, this will never work, it will only make their employees being disloyal to them. In this way, there will be no love and care in the job.

And yes, I also feel angry about this. Sometimes, I wonder when will people start to understand these simple things and stop being selfish. The true cause of wealth and prosperity is giving the same to the others, not taking it, this is karma. There's no need to compete with each other, there's no need to take advantage of the others, all we need is genuineness.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2022
  3. Roffelaar

Roffelaar Fapstronaut

Yea thanks for your replies. I'm glad you relate a bit to it.

I just hate getting fucked over by the system of society and I am planning on designing my escape but it takes time. I can use my skills much better somewhere else working for myself probably.

Roady and desmond318 like this.
  4. JoeinUSA

JoeinUSA Fapstronaut

In your line, better to channel that "anger" energy into doing a better and committed job - thus being noticed as valuable and indispensable, and so occasioned with future salary increases or bonuses or promotions, even if they're not immediate. Otherwise, with your sullen outlook, you just spiral downward in a cyclical descent - you don't care, and no one else does either. You don't need to stay in this mood - change it up now. Also, like the stock market, don't be so alarmed or angered over every trend - inflations, normalizations, and recessions will always come into the economy. We're in for the long haul, and it all evens out. After all, you really have everything you need, don't you: food, water, shelter, clothes, transportation, etc.? Be grateful all your temporal needs are satisfied (rather than having an angered perpetuating need for more more more, which never ends - even with rich folks), and bring that gratitude back into your life. Life then flourishes all the more. Best wishes!

Roffelaar, koolpal, Roady and 3 others like this.
  5. Jrmz94

Jrmz94 Fapstronaut

I get paid $15 hr for 48 hours a week and it's still not enough...

6. Thats tough, My advice would be to start looking for a job that the employer respects you , Your employer said that they have trouble hiring gee i wonder why? Look around you can do better.

RobbyGo36 likes this.
  7. freedom is coming

freedom is coming Fapstronaut

One of the most valuable lessons i learnt was from one of the hardest workers i knew. He made everyone smile, was never late, did his best all the time. Poured so much energy into doing everything well. Turns out it was all for his own benefit so that he would get opportunities to move up and on.

I mean, i hated that selfishness and the ass-licking, but the principle applies. Do your job, do it well, get noticed, use it as a springboard for something better. Even if you don't get noticed for a pay rise etc you always want a good reference.

My former boss said to me "you always lose your best colleagues." Kind of a no-shit sherlock thing to say but he meant it. The best ones are always looking to improve themselves and the places around them.

What interests you? Sounds like you like the salespart of the job. Are there similar roles with other companies?

8. Roffelaar

Roffelaar Fapstronaut

Thanks for the reply. I agree to bring more gratitude into my life, but if I am going to be satisfied with just 'breathing' then I will always stay at a certain spot in my life and never reach my goals. I gotta have a bit of anger inside of me to reach what I want, but you are 100% right that I need to be a bit more grateful right now and be more happy whilst reaching my goals.

I know man, I get paid $11 an hour and they keep messaging me every week if I can come to work because they don't have enough people. I am studying full-time, so I can't even come and then you sort of sense that they dislike you because you keep saying 'no' to their random job calls.

Yes I am going to start looking for a different job or I might just go into freelancing. The whole world is sort of down on people because of this reason and because there's 14 year old kids on tiktok making a hundred grand a month or 18 year old girls on onlyfans making millions... and people are wondering why they do their shitty ass job.

Loved reading your reply man it is a very interesting way to look at it. It is common sense ofcourse but it is something to easily forget. I have done my job always in a good way. Maybe not the best as I could have done my jobs, but my ex bosses and co-workers are still friends with me and I still sometimes have a coffee with them because they liked me.

It's the same with my current job, but this job pays way less than my previous jobs and I am less motivated to do my best when I sort of know they will not pay me more for my hard work and I already have good references. I am doing my job properly, but I am not going to spend any time in my freetime to read into things about my part time job as I am studying something else.

9. NickJackson1997

NickJackson1997 New Fapstronaut

You can talk to a psychologist about your frustration. And most importantly - do not make sudden moves, yet do not be afraid of change. Change is vital to you, but it must be gradual. You can't do well what you hate. A situation where you get pissed off at work but hang in there is too negative for your health to tolerate for a long time. Especially in the twenty-first century, when there are plenty of opportunities around. Try looking for a job on the Sarkari Naukri message board. You will most likely find a job that will meet your requirements.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2022
    RobbyGo36 and I_always_try_again like this.
  10. Roffelaar

Roffelaar Fapstronaut

Thanks for your reply pal. Topic is a bit old though, I already quit the job and I do now work for double the hourly rate.

RobbyGo36 likes this.