1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I don't love my situation but I love myself

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Erick Pastora, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Erick Pastora

Erick Pastora Fapstronaut

We all know that appreciation can get you the satisfaction you're craving. But what if there's no real feeling of appreciation because you hate your life? And that moment when you think you can't appreciate your life because you don't like the way it is right now is when you should read this.

Don't make your situation your identity. "I don't have money" "I can't get laid" "Everything goes wrong" "I have no friends". Those things may be your situation but they are not YOU. And what makes YOU is that individual person with those individual skills and with that individual personality.

Remember that your situation is temporary, as your identity is long lasting. If you want to be in a different situation start seeing yourself as the facilitator of your own luck. The law of cause and effect. Change the cause and you'll get the effect.

jest and ClassyKing like this.
  2. ClassyKing

ClassyKing Fapstronaut

Well said! I'm always depressed because the career I set out to pursue is nowhere to be seen in my area. Without moving to the city, I'm stuck with what I have here, but I try to not let that stop me from walking down my career path.