1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I feel like i'm getting way too into politics.

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Jan 25, 2019.

1. It sounds to me like what you're mostly worried about is extremist views. I think it's definitely possible to be very interested in politics without becoming an extremist.

I'm pretty interested in politics, but I would consider myself to be mostly middle-ground on a lot of issues. I see good things in both sides and bad things in both sides. There are only a handful of things I'm firmly against.

It's not a bad idea to not get too wrapped up in politics, but it's also not bad to know what's going on in the world, even in the US if you dont live here. So maybe the best thing to do is to try to open your mind to see both sides when you're discussing politics, and to just remain open minded and willing to change your view if new evidence suggests you should.

Idk, of course it's your life and you know better than any of us what is good for you, probably, but I'm just providing an alternate perspective than "stay out if politics."

MLMVSS likes this.
  2. I think that's very wise. People who identify too strongly with one group or another are too quick to spew hatred on anyone who opposes them, and wayyy to quick to accept bad behavior from their political representatives out of solidarity to their "tribe." Better to not have a "tribe," in my opinion, because that mentality is incredibly dangerous. As you said, you can have your own opinions on certain things and policies, but you dont need to identify with a specific party.

I think you're on the right track in keeping yourself well-balanced :)

3. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Yeah, this is so stupid (this “belief,” not what you said), which is why I don’t affiliate with any political parties or with other “liberal” groups despite me identifying with those beliefs. I notice that when people do, they become more loyal to that party than to their own ideological beliefs, and pander to such changes even if they don’t truly believe in them.

Deleted Account likes this.