1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

i feel numb and empty

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Hold the Line, Apr 4, 2021.

1. Hold the Line

Hold the Line Fapstronaut

more of a venting post, needless to point i'd appreciate any help
    i feel like absolute garbage, i felt this way for 10 fucking years, and im just 22
    my teen years have been very shitty and traumatic
    nothing ever pleases me, nothing get me excited, im like a big ball of emptiness, and if i do feel anything, its anger, alot of it and desperation, i've seen therapists and they're bloody useless and i don't need them
    sometimes i want to bang my head against the wall hoping i'll stop overthinking everything
    you want to know how much of nothingness i feel?
    when my grandfather died i didn't feel anything, not when it was first known for me, or at the funeral, my brother got engaged last week, and when he said it to me i said ''good for you'', exactly these words, i really dont feel anything about it, i dont care, but try to be polite
    i dont want shitty pills anymore, they make me feel even shittier they dont help for anything
    needless to say i never had a relationship or had sex
    i hate my boring shitty job it makes me so pissed i cant find any joy in this lameass job or any job i tried over the last year, over 4 jobs i have switched in less than a year, after 2 months i can't bear it anymore and quit because i get too exhausted from the same shitty work
    the money is shit too
    and my adhd makes it really hard to start a degree, i have never fully read a book

Sir Wanksaloot likes this.
  2. swordmaster

swordmaster Fapstronaut

3. Hold the Line

my life is fucking garbage and i hate everything about it
    please help me

Sir Wanksaloot likes this.
  4. Sir Wanksaloot

Sir Wanksaloot Fapstronaut

That sounds really bad man.
    Venting and writing it out helps me a bit too.
    In my case I really remember laying awake in bed at night and just feeling super angry at myself for wasting my life and tons of desperation and shame. Cold sweat.

You've been at this for a while now.
    What do you think you need to change around a fucking garbage life that you hated until now?

Best wishes and lots of strength.
    You can pm me if you want

5. I believe this is in question of pmo, because I always feel like this, really at the bottom after a section of pmo, but try to evolve anyway "forgetting everything that has gone or at least trying" because if it continues like this will stay in this toxic cycle forever

6. Did your grandfather died 10 years ago?

7. Hold the Line

4 years ago

8. Do you feel left out by people of the same age as you?
    Are people of the same age treating you like an outcast?

9. Hold the Line

not everyone, i got some good friends and can hang out with them

10. You said, "not everyone." How about everyone else? Do you want them to come to and converse with you like one of their friends?

11. Hold the Line

Yes of course, my close friends and i have a good bond, but there are less close friends that i would want to get closer with them but i don't get the vibe it's always mutual

12. So both sides agree there's no chance of bonsing with each other, huh?

Do you consider yourself too nice?
    How's your relationship with your parents?

13. Randy Andy

Randy Andy Fapstronaut

Yeah I can tell there's some anger, I've often felt a lot of anger too: I started a fight club a decade ago, luckily after not very many months nobody but me showed so it ended. It was a way to feel something and also I was looking for a solution to my anger-isolation cycle. I really thought that would work. Eh :)
    My experience is the answer and the acting out go together, part of how I know it's a lot of my acting out had anger undertones to it, and other behaviors were little ways to get back at people. But in a chicken shit way, I've never been very ballsy :). Benefit of my cowardice is signifocantly less trouble than I could've had.
    You mentioned please help, there's a solution to all this but you are the key, knowing the way out and walking out are different. We all know at least a few people who want to get better but don't, maybe they can't. For me I couldn't and that was what broke down my resistance to the solution was years of the pain of wanting to get better and not being able to. That's how I got to where I would listen to others and try what they had done that worked for them

14. Hold the Line

what is bonsing?
    i don't think i'm too nice, i live with my mom and i'm pretty cold to her and don't care much for her, it's been like this for a decade, same with my brother, i always feel depressed near them and it's like they don't care much, when they ask me how am i doing i always react in a passimistic and sad way like: same old, the regular, fine.
    sometimes they ask again, what is ''regular'' and i answer, not particularly well, and then they just stop talking.
    They are not bad by any way they were too spoiling and always gave me as a spoiled brat everything i wanted, when i grew up i learnt i won't always get what i want, which pretty much made into a habit of getting everything i ask from mom or bro all of the sudden i cant have what i want, now i have serious issues when things aren't going my way like when i'm arguing with someone or when i'm losing a game, i think it's due to being conditioned as a kid to get everything i want and that's not how life works.
    when im with my friends im a different person, more opened and active, smiling, talkactive.
    i dont know why am i this cold to my core family for this long, but i feel like it's a natural response (i dont do it on purpuse)
    to make them stop trying to babysit me, im 22 years old and my mother still tries to give me money for no reason, im not poor and i have a respectable amount of money in my account, giving me money only conditions me to stay lazy and not find a decent job

15. bonding*