1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I felt I should join

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by James23, Apr 24, 2016.

1. James23

James23 Fapstronaut

I recently came across this site and I like what I see so far.

My real name is Joe, but I tend to call myself James on forums. It wasn't in an effort to be anonymous. I just thought it was a cool name ;)

I am 40 and male and have been struggling with PMO since forever. Today is day 4 for me which really is quite an accomplishment. Today is Sunday and weekends are the worst.

I came across this site through a reddit post. I won't have too much to say for a while as I try to get up to speed by reading some threads.

traveller22 and Pedro Malatesta like this.
  2. Hello friend and welcome to NoFap, feel free to ask questions, check some useful links in my signature and start learning more about the issue. Goodluck!
    AVE

3. traveller22

traveller22 Fapstronaut

Welcome James23.

Great to have you join the NoFap tribe - that's what we are.

You would do well to read the links that TheAVExperiment provided - knowledge is power.

As you no doubt appreciate, this is a journey - not a quick fix - and will require certain things of us, in order for us to succeed in our quest.

Keep checking in & keep going!

Strength.

T22.

4. James23

James23 Fapstronaut

Thank you for the links. I'm happy to say I did make it through the weekend am on day 5 today. I can't remember the last time I made it through a weekend. It sounds kinda sad, but this has always been quite a struggle.

I definitely agree that this is a process. My expectations are more realistic. I know that challenging days lie ahead.

I got off work today and got in my car and as I was leaving the parking lot I realized that my brain was meditating on things I shouldn't be and quickly stopped. The thing is that these little incidents happen throughout the day and I don't want these thoughts to eat away at my brain.

Anyway, day 5 today.

P.S. I love reading some of the goals that people have. My goal is to make it a week. I'm not sure what my goal will be after that assuming I can make it a week.

traveller22 likes this.
  5. shekhar

shekhar Fapstronaut

Welcome to nofap....I am also a new here ....you can share your struggle with pmo so that other can understand you and guide to pmo free life. I am also sharing my thought and getting good help. This is what required to handle to this addiction. This is nothing but something inside our brain. Which needs to come out in form of thought and letters.

6. Oct2011

Oct2011 Fapstronaut

Hi bruv

Good on you.....Keep going with it.....it's worth it in the end.....I'm living proof..you can be....

7. Rav70

Rav70 Fapstronaut

You're an addict. It's normal to think about your addiction. If will fade in time just like cigarettes if you smoked and quit.
    Don't become over focused on a week. I'd hate for you to cave because you're thinking "it's been a week!!"
    Good job on day 5.

8. shekhar

shekhar Fapstronaut

Hello brother

I need little help I need to add counter to my signature. It is saying that I need one more like to my journal. Can you help so that I can add counter

And second thing is that I want to participate in nofap challenge but I don't from where I can get the information about it.

Rav70 likes this.
  9. shekhar

shekhar Fapstronaut

Are you indian?

I am indian

10. James23

James23 Fapstronaut

Day 8 today.

Can you elaborate on the following statement:

Don't become over focused on a week. I'd hate for you to cave because you're thinking "it's been a week!!"

Also how do you add quote balloons?