1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I got nothing.

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Infrasapiens, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

I was reading some dating books and I realized I have absolutely nothing to offer as a romantic partner.

I do not have any kind of status. I have no goals or passions, I don't have a plan for the future, I have no hobbies, my idea of having fun is not having fun.

My looks are equally stale, I could be a bystandar in a GTA game as I look generic, although the lack of meat on my bones can draw some views towards me. My weird bone structure does not helps to hide my vestigial muscle mass.

Dude, help.

2. I mean, Gym/Tan/Lift Bro'! Just kidding.

ProTip MOST men look generic (including me). Only 5 or so percent of men possess standout looks, and only a few percent of men earn enough income/possess high status. You're too hung up on being the 1%, and instead should focus on being the top 1% possible for YOU.

From your counter it appears you've moved strongly towards recovery (this implies self-control). You also possess a strong written, and verbal, intellect. I can detect this from one post alone.

Use your self-control you used to recover from addiction, and channel that into development in writing. You may not feel a "spark" but many women value male abilities (to a woman talent means a LOT more than passion. Remember women seek providers, and passion without talent provides nothing).

So, value yourself for your positive traits. I detect

1. Strong self-control
    2. Self-Awareness (if too attuned to your failings)
    3. Above-average intellect
    4. Above average vocabulary/verbal skills.

It's not about being entirely unique, but realizing you're a package with valuable qualities. Develop those qualities.

3. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

I am not really above-average intellect, and I actually wrote in verbose because I do weird stuff when I am sleepy, I really have no talents I can think of. But thank you, your post cheered me up a bit.

MikeyRamirez likes this.
  4. I'd be your partner in a heartbeat.

Why not try some new things? Sounds like you have gotten used to boredom, but that's not how a man should live! I didn't work out in my entire life until college, and then I became addicted to it. I started out skinny but then I caught up to all of my buff friends and I was lifting just as much as they were. It only took a few months! Women were starting to get impressed, too. They were coming up next to me to do their little squat routine and I had to force myself not to look at them. It was torture - but the kind of torture you don't mind so much.

You're by far the most interesting person on this forum. Most women don't see that because you're not showing them. So go and show them dude!

MikeyRamirez likes this.
  5. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Thanks dude. I appreciate your constant support. I actually have been working out but since food is not abundant here I cannot get the results I want.

You are not the first one in telling me that I just should go outside and things will just work for me but everytime I try to socialize, I do this
    2_800.jpg

6. Everyone has something worthwhile to offer, so think about what you can control. I don't know you, but if your counter is legit, then going nearly a year without PMO shows self control and meeting your goals. Come up with new goals and things to shoot for in life. Anyone can do that. Where do you want to go? What do you want to do? Is there a career field you would like to get into or a different job in your current field? How do you want to improve yourself physically, mentally, career wise, etc.? Think of some things you would like to accomplish that you can actually have control over, set goals with reasonable deadlines to achieve those things, and then go do it. Start with making a goal of being positive and working to dispel those negative thoughts that you have nothing to offer.

If nothing else, work to be the most average person on the face of the earth and shoot for being in the 50% percentile for every possible attribute there is. Everyone else tries so hard to be in the top 1%, so go against the grain and settle for average. I say this last part lightheartedly, so please don't think I'm subtly busting your chops. You sound like you could use a laugh today.

8. Dunning-Kruger man, your ability to acknowledge your ignorance shows your actual intellect. Remember, you're above average. Does this make you a super-genius? Maybe not, but you're not the sad-sack you think. Be confident in what you possess, and you clearly possess good traits or I wouldn't be here, or the guy above me.

TheLightOne likes this.
  9. TheLightOne

TheLightOne Fapstronaut

Im in similar position,despite the fact I constantly keep finding things that interest me. Big thumbs for being honest with yourself. When u stop PMOing you just find new things that you want to do.

10. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

It is not that much of self-control, it is more like lazyness. Your counter goes up even if you do literally nothing, and that is what I have been doing.

I wouldn't want to be average. The average here is terrible.

I don't know what that Freddy Kruger stuff is about but thank you.

11. What's this about?
    Let's hear.

Great pick-up line by the way:
    I don't know you and I don't care to know you.

FellatiousD likes this.