1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I hate pick up artists.

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Potato93, Mar 8, 2017.

Tags:
  1. SpiritualWarrior

SpiritualWarrior Fapstronaut

NF SINCE BIRTH likes this.
  2. tweeby

tweeby Banned

FYI guys you were ALL once master PUAs and Don Juans before. Don't believe me?

Remember the time you were 5 and you teased the girls playing in the sandbox with you. You pushed them over, you never asked them what are they thinking about, how they felt. You always preferred action to conversation, and whatever you wanted to do was most important, if she wanted to come along for the ride... all the better.

Dumb yourselves down ... be like 5 year olds again.

3. JustinX

JustinX Fapstronaut

Potato93 if you hate PUA just fuck it, dont read that shit and read Models by Mark Manson instead. That is at least one level better than PUA.
    However I just want to point out that there is still lot of truth in PUA as well as lot of bullshit. The book Models summarizes and explains that truth but also correct that PUA bullshit.

edit: Abstract from Amazon
    Models is the first men's dating book ever written on seduction as a purely emotional process rather than a logical one, a process of connecting with women rather than impressing them, a process of self-expression rather than manipulation. It's the most mature and honest guide on how a man can attract women without faking behavior, without lying and without emulating others. A game-changer.

NF SINCE BIRTH, hej då and Potato93 like this.
  4. Potato93

Potato93 Fapstronaut

Word.

Thanks a lot from your words and advices guys, I'll get further reading in it with different eyes. But I still think that trying to generalise comportamental behaviors can be erroneous nowadays.

It's not that I suck in making friends or estabilishing connections with love interests, but I do lack some physicological thinking towards some stuff. Its like I end up being too rational sometimes.

Generally what is more "primal" regarding relationships is what I actually have a hard time compreending.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
    NF SINCE BIRTH and tweeby like this.
  5. PlasticBoy

PlasticBoy Fapstronaut

How can picking up girls be an art, please tell me that. A bunch of insecure boys following some patterns, if you dont wanna grow up join Peter Pan in Neverland.

Potato93 likes this.
  6. tweeby

tweeby Banned

Simple... Don a French beret, stick a paintbrush in your back pocket. Walk up to a girl, ask her if you can pick her up. Then scoop her up in your arms and carry her out of the club.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
    NF SINCE BIRTH and Dre42 like this.
  7. ew

8. over_ITT

over_ITT Guest

PUA - good for humping and dumping
    Long term- that manipulation wears on you and worsens the self esteem problem that made you act like a narcissist anyway.

If you don't like you, why should anyone else?

any why should you have to knock down a woman's self esteem to feel better and screw her under those circumstances?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2017
  9. Potato93

Potato93 Fapstronaut

Awesome video.
    Word.

10. SnowWhite

SnowWhite Fapstronaut

?

11. The closers part

NF SINCE BIRTH and SnowWhite like this.
  12. Lifeless Muffin

Lifeless Muffin Fapstronaut

The fact that this is a sector upsets me. I wouldn't go to a picikup artist if I was 50 and still virgin. I have my pride. Sure you can use some advice for social situations from time to time but paying for it? Just no. Have some respect for yourself. And what their costumers acheive by this anyway. You learned how to talk to girls, you had some sex maybe and then? Can you build a serious long-term relationship with your tricks? Pure fraud.

NF SINCE BIRTH and Potato93 like this.
  13. Pick up artists are just male sluts catering towards female sluts. It's a bit harsh to ''hate'' because guys are also biologically designed to seek women. But it's done in a bad way. Sometimes it's even illegal, some pick up artists have been arrested. It's risky business, wouldn't do it anymore.

14. Potato93

Potato93 Fapstronaut

Well, we go out over the streets and there are guys using it in a stealth way. Nowadays its difficult to obtain info about one's true intentions. :s

If you go on and say: "Hey girl, hows it going?"
    Police: "Hey you! Pickup artist! DOWN!"

15. Guys are just as much victims of their own lack of judgement as women are with street intimidation. It depends on the guy, I have browsed around and read about guys not having a bubbly social life and use this way of picking up to meet new girls. It's just another marketing scheme for guys to buy books, participate in bootcamps and milk them. They will think something is wrong with them, see these 'techniques' and follow it.

But yeah who knows... I have done a few myself, I won't ever do it again UNLESS there is CLEAR visible interest, now that is real approaching, and not randoms with earplugs in like damn.

NF SINCE BIRTH and Potato93 like this.
  16. Potato93

Potato93 Fapstronaut

I think its good to approach someone even when there arent a visible interest. Sometimes you can end up meeting a lot of new friends. :D

17. Why you think so? Got some experience?... only if she has a thick butt though lol :p

18. A bit judgemental there. If a girl or guy chooses to have casual sex without commitment there is nothing wrong with that.

What I think is that there are a lot of haters on this site who can't stand the idea of other people getting plenty of action and as a result talk a lot of shit.

This book that was mentioned is not something I've read and I don't consider it something I need but at the same time if people can learn how to make the opposite sex curious and want to then I see no issue.

Stop hating everyone. People are allowed to express themselves without judgement - that includes sex.

19. Potato93

Potato93 Fapstronaut

When you realize that rejection isnt that a big of a deal you get more used to exploring stuff. I've stayed in the limbo for a big part of my life.

20. Potato93

Potato93 Fapstronaut

When someone express themselves without judgement there will always be hate. XD
    Its the idea of "How dare do you allow yourself to be more free than me?" kinda of situation.

The way of fixing that is by information and wisdom, but not everyone is ready for that.
    I confess that I get a little jealous as well, I think its natural from human behavior at some point. Everything has drawbacks eventually. Being a night stander consumes a lot of energy and time too, even for casual sex.

Clerk373 and NF SINCE BIRTH like this.