1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I have fallen

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. Robledoemanuel3

Robledoemanuel3 Fapstronaut

I'm sorry about this, I hadn't masturbated for more than 21 days, today I had a moment of weakness alone at home in front of my computer. And I fell, I feel so dirty, I feel so miserable, for having failed God and me. Please help me I am in a dead end pit.

jw2021 likes this.
  2. Kemar935

Kemar935 Fapstronaut

I'm sorry to hear. All I can say is that most of us all have been there. When this happens after a good streak you might be tempted to stay down and give up, at least that is what happened to me these last 6 months. And let me tell you, that that only made my pit deeper. Remember that before we act in M God warns us, but after we have committed sin, God also is the one who welcomes us back into his arms. It's Satan who tries to keep you down, drowning in your own guilt. So don't fall in that trap! Ask the lord for forgiveness, get back up and give it another go!

Winners are not those who never fail, winners are those that never give up.

CPilot, jw2021, Mara43 and 1 other person like this.
  3. Your behavior is no surprise to God. He knew this would happen and yet he still embraced you out of his great love for you. PMO is a pit, but the deeper pit is shame. You have been set free from that. So do not let the weight of shame keep you from attacking your PMO with gusto.

This has been a help to me:
    SET FREE NOWWW (FREEdom process) from Suitt's More Than a Sunday Faith https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zqVL11JjWICOHCRUDmqXr9TNC_gpb6yhRF1hKp-fxcc/edit

4. I use to feel that way when I've fallen. I think it's normal. But don't forget God waits for you with all His love regardless what you did. He loves you. Don't allow shame and guilt separate you from Him more

5. Muha

Muha Fapstronaut

Don't do it any more , your brain has already started to change after 21 days so not all of your progress is lost. Just forget about the slip up and move on

CPilot and jw2021 like this.
  6. Robledoemanuel3

Robledoemanuel3 Fapstronaut

Gracias a todos por sus palabras, no tienen idea de la gran ayuda que es para mi, he tomado la decisión de bloquear sitios, borrar redes sociales, se que Dios nos llama a vivir una vida pura sexualmente y he estado luchando con esto por más de 10 años. Desde que era adolescente, gracias hermanos en Cristo, oremos los unos por los otros. Tus palabras me dan ánimo y aliento.

Mara43 likes this.
  7. Mts209

Mts209 Fapstronaut

I can so relate, as I’m just coming off a several weeks yo-yo of falling, confession, falling again. I felt so shameful and dirty too. The deeper I fell into the shame the worst it got. We need to move past that through the Word and God. I’m back heading in the right way, as you can.

Mara43 and jw2021 like this.
  8. Cuando estemos dispuestos a hacer lo que sea necesario para liberarnos del pecado y la muerte, ciertamente nos liberaremos.

Mara43 likes this.
  9. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

I see we are all searching for that essential thing that will keep us free from these sins of lust. The elusive thing about it is that alone we are powerless against this temptation. No amount of self-control and determination is sufficient to resist this evil trap. The secret, it seems to me, is to call on God for help. Frequently, fervently, ceaselessly. Therefore, I believe there are two vital first steps. (1) Admit and believe that we cannot rely on ourselves (2) Learn to trust in God's grace and make it a frequent habit to pray to Him for this help.

I think this is the crux of what St. Paul meant when he wrote this in Corinthians 2, 12:8-10
    "8 Three times I asked the Lord about this, that it should leave me; 9 but he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." I will all the more gladly boast of my weaknesses, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.10 For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities;for when I am weak , then I am strong." RSV-CE

Last edited: May 31, 2023
    Kemar935, Mara43, Mts209 and 2 others like this.
  10. Mts209

Mts209 Fapstronaut

Amen!

jw2021 likes this.
  11. Kemar935

Kemar935 Fapstronaut

Love this bible verse so much! What other religion allows us to be weak and rely on the one that created us and gave us his son! None

Mts209, jw2021 and Mara43 like this.
  12. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

I suspect that Google spell check feature corrupted the cut and paste of this verse that I made. I hope everyone notes that the original text of 2 Corinthians 12 v8 reads "Three times I "besought" the Lord about this" and not three times I kissed the Lord about this. Sorry for the confusion, I must somehow discover how to turn the spell check feature off when I don't need it.

Kemar935 likes this.
  13. Kemar935

Kemar935 Fapstronaut

No worries. I didn't even notice hahah

14. Kemar935

Kemar935 Fapstronaut

Hey Tao, btw if you don't mind me asking, why is your streak counter on 33 days, did I miss something?

15. Kemar935 likes this.
  16. Kemar935

Kemar935 Fapstronaut