1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I have had a crush on my cousin. What is the cause of it?

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Kingofanew_world, Apr 19, 2021.

1. Kingofanew_world

Kingofanew_world Fapstronaut

The question says a lot. I would really appreciate if you could answer my question.

Muhammad Husayn likes this.
  2. People are naturally attracted to others of a similar appearance to themselves, particularly a facial resemblance. On the flip side, people are less attracted to those whom they know too well. As the saying goes, "familiarity breeds contempt." Put those two facts together and you have the answer to why you would NOT be attracted to your sibling, who might look even more like you, and yet you would be attracted to your cousin. Your cousin is more "novel." Since you don't know your cousin well, there is still a level of intrigue. Not only is there a family resemblance, but also your tastes and interests may be quite similar, having similar backgrounds.

Many people, for this reason, can be attracted to cousins. But a physical attraction does not mean a physical relationship should follow. There will be others far more appropriate for you. It's best to dismiss stray thoughts and attractions like these before letting your mind settle long upon them. Focus on a better, brighter future.

3. p1n1983

p1n1983 Fapstronaut

Attraction is not a choice. When you like someone, you just like them. You don't get to choose who you get attracted to. Your only call in the matter is if you are going to do something about it.

4. Do u just find her physically attractive or it's her personality?

5. Kingofanew_world

I find her attractive in terms of her personality.

Muhammad Husayn likes this.
  6. Ekhangel

Ekhangel Fapstronaut

[​IMG]

Have you tried calling Children in Africa about your first world problem?

7. no because they can't afford phones

8. brassknucks

brassknucks Fapstronaut

9. the only thing these hoes want is my family's genes

10. PeterGrip

PeterGrip Fapstronaut

I have a cousin I've thought was hot ever since I met her after her and I had grown up.

Kingofanew_world likes this.
  11. ndaty

ndaty Fapstronaut

For me twas bcuz he looked interesting back then, like i had other cousins but i know them too much as we're neighbors and all that i didn't think them as boys
    but that one, he lives far away and whenever we met we seemed to be somehow 'connected'
    i even asked my mom once, on what condition is it okay to marry ur cousin lol
    these were childhood
    in teenage years, he evolved and i stayed an introvert and that's how everything ended
    I mean now he's a complete stranger to me like i dunno how to communicate with him anymore, he must think i've turned arrogant..
    We've just been disconnected somehow

Sorry mayb it didn't help u much, but this post just helped me in exteriorizing that

12. Kingofanew_world

Thanks for replying. Now i think I have found some reason not to be obsessed with the crush on my cousin. I hope the best for you!!!

13. What watching too much GOT does to a mf:eek:

CarP likes this.
  14. brassknucks

brassknucks Fapstronaut

Back when I was a few years out of the active military one of my cousins saw me and asked her mom “who is that handsome guy”?! All my aunts started laughing because they told her that’s your cousin!

My one cousin is a good looking lady but I don’t need to go there.

15. the most extreme sexual attraction that i have yet felt is to my maternal cousin(our mothers are sisters)
    my father wanted me to marry my cousin but not my maternal one but his niece ,the daughter of his brother but i am not attracted to her and she is very pretty thats what all say but our society is patriarchal and muslim so my father dont let me be close to my maternal cousins because he doesnt like my mothers side family and they (my cousins) are centre of some of my wildest dreams and many of them said they like me but we are muslims and its considered a good thing here to marry cousins.

16. LetsBeLovely87

LetsBeLovely87 Fapstronaut

17. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

She is a woman and you are a man

18. brassknucks

brassknucks Fapstronaut

Don’t bang your cousin.