1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I have to pass 2 grades in 1 year… any tips?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Sep 24, 2021.

1. Hi everyone,

I know this may be a bit off topic, but I am looking for tips to do two grades in one year. What are the best tips you have? I really need this or else I might stay in college longer than I can afford.

Any help is appreciated.

2. AI7

AI7 Fapstronaut

I'm not too sure which country you're from given the academic terminology you use but I am assuming the US. From what you have said, it suggests that you would want to do 2 years worth of work in 1 year. I have been in a similar situation in the past and have managed to come out on top and move forward and eventually graduate with the degree that I always wanted. Firstly, it's the little things in your life that you need to either change or cut out.

If you have any electronic devices that you spend a lot of time on (TV and video games), remove them from your house. Unplug all games consoles and put them away yourself or give them to an adult who will look after them and return them to you once you have passed. You also need to drift away from unserious "friends" that will encourage you to procrastinate and waste your valuable time. Stay away from motives whether it's from family or friends, let them know you are on a mission to change your life in terms of job prospects. Dedicate all your time on your studies and sacrifice all your other hobbies to add more time to studies.

Make friends with people smarter than you on your course, they will help you a lot with your work. Make regular appointments with your course programme leader (teacher, lecturer etc) and discuss topics that you find hard and how to answer them. Wake up early in the mornings and go home at night after a whole day of study. Have breaks in between so you are not burnt out, make sure to go to the gym to keep yourself fresh. Create a document on your PC/ laptop where you have a checklist and tick boxes once you completed each section or chapter, you want to be "achievement focused" and look to smash one topic and move on to the next. Master each section or chapter and look to practice past papers to get a feel for the exams.

Hope this helps.

88991s likes this.
  3. Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I live in the US

I currently do not play video games, nor watch TV, but I do trade options and stocks which does take away time, but this is an exception, because I am studying economics, not to mention it pays for the rent & textbooks.

Even though I consider myself to be extroverted, I would say I am reserved. I don’t really have any friends; I don’t have anyone distracting me from what needs to be done.

I have made a checklist for the more important courses, like calculus and probability. I probably should for the less important courses as well, which I will do today.

Again, thank you for the advice.

AI7 likes this.
  4. AI7

AI7 Fapstronaut

No worries my friend, just looking to give you the best advice that I can.

Trade options and stocks is extremely valuable and the fact that it pays for the rent and your textbooks is worthwhile. It's good that you don't have any of the distractions that I mentioned previously so you have already made giant strides. Again it's fantastic that you are looking to create a checklist for all your subjects, it will help you to keep track of what you need to learn ahead. More the hours you invest into your studies, the better results you will yield.

5. A clean life

A clean life Fapstronaut

Only thing I can say is you’re gonna have to work hard like you never have before probably. Although it wasn’t college for me I finished high school in 2 years. Got 10 credits year 1 and 14 my 2nd year. I had to make some sacrifices but just keep the end goal in mind and work hard towards it.

6. A clean life

A clean life Fapstronaut

And it’s probably too late for you but I also signed up for summer classes to get a head start as well.

7. 88991s

88991s Fapstronaut

Back in my college , I was a year behind my college mates. I failed every subject for the entire year. But I still managed to complete my degree in time. I wanted to drop out of college on my second year , but the college policy was that I had to pay rest of the years college fees to drop out. That stuck a nerve in me. So I made a vow to complete my degree no matter how meaningless it was for me.
    The first thing that impacted my good grades was , a change in my friend circle. I made a bunch of friends who were studious and yet partied like it's the end of the world. They helped me with assignments and exams and they taught me like I'm their only child (lol!). If you want a shortcut to good grades or just pass in the subjects , makes sure you make friends who genuinely want to help you and teach you. Friend circle matters a lot.
    Second thing I did was , I became genuinely curious about the subject. This helped me understand the concepts faster. My friends were shocked when I ace a test and they only scored above average marks. (They were like how the F*ck did this dumb dude do it , We taught him!!)
    Third thing is hard work. There is no way around it. even if you have your friends to help you won't make it in time if you don't put in the effort.
    Last thing is , college is easy , what comes after that is not. so makes plans accordingly. Take some time to think what you will do after the college ends and build your resume. If you are not sure approach your professors or your seniors or a professional career coach , who can guide you towards a successful career. Having a goal after college is a good motivation , you will feel extremely motivated to finish your degree in time.(ignore this if you have already figured out what you are going to do after college).
    Don't be shy to ask help form anybody , trust my words people will be eager to help you.

And basically follow everything @AI7 said its more detailed than my advice . I just wanted to share my experience.
    (Ignore my grammar , English is my second language)

AI7 likes this.