1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I know of a robbery that's going to happen (WWYD?)

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, May 24, 2018.

WWYD?

1. Tell coworker A

2. Stay in your lane

3. Join coworker B

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. What can the authorities do? They can bring criminals to justice after committing a crime. Of course cops can’t do anything until after the fact, no one is saying they can. And don’t give me this ideal world bs excuse, since in an ideal world we wouldn’t need any cops because in an ideal world people wouldn’t rob other people. I chose to tell the authorities because that’s the right thing to do in this not so ideal world.

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. Moon Shot

Moon Shot Fapstronaut

Ok, @Ephesians 6:11... I'm really glad to see your spirited views on this. Please remember that you are completely entitled to your opinion. We are just sharing views, mate. Who said you're wrong...? But do you not think it's an unnecessary complication? Just telling coworker A about this and letting him decide whether or not to mix with the authorities isn't a simpler approach? Why would @wethebest go to the authorities? I just think (now, b/c of @Sarah W. :p) that it's much simpler. Let A decide what to do, right? Authorities are a last resort...

3. By doing that you aren't leaving it up to God. By doing nothing and staying in your lane, you are leaving it up to God. Who in the world are you to change that?

I don't believe in that though (I believe in God, but I don't believe he has a plan for this specific situation). God gave us free will for a specific purpose. Now this man is making this decision. We, as humans, make decisions that, in turn, result in different outcomes (some good, some bad). Live and let live. The only way I would tell coworker A is if he was in literal danger. So if coworker B was telling me, "I'm gonna beat him up" or "gonna rob him at gunpoint."

Keep in my mind, they know eachother. They were engaged in full convos yesterday at work.

4. Gotham Outlaw

Gotham Outlaw Fapstronaut

Well now I wanna hear that story.

MLMVSS likes this.
  5. @Moon Shot and everybody. Update, basically nothing happened. Today at work both guys were there. Coworker B decided to back out bc he caught a unrelated theft charge last night and has to go to court for it.

So good thing I didn't impulse react and tell coworker A. SI me times the flowers a range themselves

Moon Shot likes this.
  6. Moon Shot

Moon Shot Fapstronaut

Ok that's a relief. At least Karma was dealt.

7. Update: They went through with it. Apparently coworker A questioned coworker B and said he's gonna call the police. Than coworker B told him, then they got into a scrap. And now everybody's chilling.

Things work out for themselves

Moon Shot likes this.
  8. Fork2323

Fork2323 Fapstronaut

I know it already went down, but here is whats up. If you know a crime is going to be commited and dont report it, legally you are now an Accesory to the Crime and could legally go to jail for it.. this is a true thing. This is the samething where the driver of the get away car waiting out side a robery is also guilty of murder if his buddy inside shots and kills someone even if he never pulled the trigger. He is an assecory to the crime and can go to jail for life.. say he breaks into your coworkers house and your coworker goes home for lunch while he is there, and there is a fight and he gets shot. You could goto jail for life if the other guy says to the police you knew about the robbery before hand. You are libeal.

Deleted Account likes this.
  9. Everything you've said is definitely true, except maybe this part. I don't know for sure, but I very highly doubt someone can go to jail for life for knowing about a robbery. I don't even think robbery itself would put you in jail for life.

10. Alright well I'm not trying to offend you or anything but this is so not true.

Accessory to the crime would have to mean I'm an accessory. I had nothing to do with that crime, nothing at all. I simply just heard about it and if cops ask, I thought it was a stupid joke the kid made. That or I'll say I have no idea wth theyre talking. The kid talks nonstop, 24/7, after a while you tune him out.

Honestly, the analogy you made is vastly different. The get away driver is part of that crime, he's in on it. In no fashion was I "in on it."

If the coworker A goes home and shots coworker B, then if a police detective *for some reason* hears I was informed of the crime, he'll come to talk to me. I have/had nothing to do with it, the worst he would ask is for me to testify as a witness (which I wouldn't do). But he wouldnt bc the crime had already happened and coworker B already was caught.

I'm just trying to say that I've been and seen these types of situations, there would be a zero percent chance the cop would even talk to me (maybe I'd he was shot) but then, even if I decided to tell the truth, it wouldn't be anything they don't already know.

I'm open minded seeing your side and everything. If I was in on it, meaning partaking in the crime and/or getting some of the weed and money stolen then perhaps. It's abundantly clear that I'm not. Idk what else to say except is just not true.

Unless of course you arent from the states and from another country or if you are from some oddball state that has some weird state-level legislation, legally I in no way am liable. Morally is a different story, might have the same outcome. But legally I'm max cooling.

11. MasterRoshi

MasterRoshi Fapstronaut

Rob the place first then blame the original robbers of the crime.

Just playing btw probably tell someone??? But most likely stay in your lane if your afraid of being a snitch.

12. Ain't afraid of shit. Watch anybody know relatively come after me. It would be a joke. But stI'll wouldnt tell shit.