1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I left !

Discussion in 'Partner Support' started by BrokenHeart 2, May 3, 2023.

1. BrokenHeart 2

BrokenHeart 2 Fapstronaut

I haven't posted in a while, so I just wanted to say that I finally left him in January! Thank you to all the women and men that post on here. I don't know what I would have done if there was no community of people talking about this.

2. Psalm27:1my light

Psalm27:1my light Fapstronaut

I’m sorry, and not sorry-staying or leaving, both are so hard. Until one isn’t. Doing what’s best for you is always the right move.

3. KevinesKay

KevinesKay Fapstronaut

What finally led you to pull the trigger?

What was the straw that broke the camel's back?

4. BrokenHeart 2

I wanted to be alone. I don't see the point in being with someone who didn't think I was enough for him. I also kept wanting to sleep with other people to prove to myself that I was good in bed or just to sleep with someone that enjoyed a real woman instead of his own hand. Eventually those men became more of what I wanted physically and I didn't find my fiance's body attractive anymore. I realize that's not healthy for me or him so I needed to let him go. I also wanted to try being celibate for a while. There's a host of things that led to our end of course. But the main thing is I enjoy my alone time now.

5. BrokenHeart 2

I wanted to thank you personally! Reading your post's and responses have been a great help to me!

Psalm27:1my light likes this.
  6. KevinesKay

KevinesKay Fapstronaut

This sounds like a good direction for you.
    Wishing you lots of healing during this new phase of your life.

Stoic. and BrokenHeart 2 like this.
  7. used19

used19 Fapstronaut

I'm so sorry, decisions like this hurt either way. Seeing that this choice helps you move forward AND stops hurt directed at someone who is very broken is a very moving thing to do. None of the decisions surrounding this are easy, not for the addict nor for the SO. It all hurts a lot.

8. Stoic.

Stoic. Fapstronaut

Its fine you made a decision that is important for your life and you gave yourself for that person to understand you still if he isnt ready to understand then the vest thing is to keep walking forward ,life is a quantam we cant keep all the variables around us always and the variables which suits our equation always sticks around so if he didnt stick around its on him never take this onto yourself be brave and be courageous to walk alone its going to be a difficult road to be alone but if you live that life for a while you will bulit a character that is strong enough to tackle any circumstances in your life. Tc:emoji_peace:

BrokenHeart 2 likes this.