1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I Lost Weight. Then I Fumbled It.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Sondae, Nov 28, 2022.

1. Sondae

Sondae Fapstronaut

Ever since I could remember I was bullied for being obese.

At my highest, I weighed 230 pounds at 16 years old. Keep in mind, this is with almost no muscle mass. I was eating fast food every other day of the week. I had a massive gut, tight fitting clothes, and yes... the dreaded man boobs. It was awful. I hated myself.

Fast forward to COVID, I decided things needed to change. I saw a golden opportunity with all of the free time on my hands. I hit the walking track every single day and started a diet. By the time I went back to school, I weighted 170 pounds. I had lost 60. I felt like a new man. I felt more confident than I ever had. It was a success story. People constantly asked how I did it. They wanted to know the secret. The fat jokes stopped, I started attracting more girls, I began wearing clothes I never would have put on.

Now, I have gained back 15 pounds and abandoned my diet. I went from working out at least 5 days a week to not exercising at all. Something happened. Perhaps school? Depression? My addiction? I feel my success slowly slipping away from me. I crave food like I never have before. I felt like I was more attractive than I ever had been in the months leading up to this change. Now, I feel as if I can only go downhill. I'm stumped. I don't know how to get back on my feet.

I've always wondered if having a girlfriend is what caused it. Perhaps I don't feel the need to keep up my appearance as much since I don't need to attract anyone? This weight gain coincides with a neglect of my hygiene and a spike in depression. Of course, it can be so many other factors including starting my job.

I'm not sure what I am looking for in posting this. Maybe I just wanted an outlet to share my story. Maybe I need advice. I'm not sure. Whatever you can offer is just fine.

To all of those who are actively on a weight loss program, remember that you can change yourself in ways you never imagined... but you can throw it all away just like that.

2. OLLIE_100

OLLIE_100 Fapstronaut

Think about this bro if you managed to loose all that weight back then you can still do it now its just instead of thinking about it you need to take action and I bet you will start to look and feel better overtime

Sondae likes this.