1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I need advice about girls

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Shadvirus, May 28, 2020.

1. Man down! I just got healthy caught by the shrapnel of this truthbomb.

Shadvirus likes this.
  2. thinking_differently

thinking_differently Fapstronaut

Done then! You have a timely realisation. Bro our goal is to be strong; to not surrender off to Seductive women!
    Cheers mate! Stay Strong!

Shadvirus likes this.
  3. pavloo91

pavloo91 Fapstronaut

Still don't like the way you answer. I won't comment here why. Like I said: not here.

4. skinisblackmetallic

skinisblackmetallic Fapstronaut

I didn't really read any of it but I'm not sure if your typical internet forum argument is going to be very helpful to you. I noticed some good book suggestions. It's probably not as complex as some may make it out.
    Human beings want to connect and feel good about themselves. Confidence in yourself will naturally make you attractive to people and also make it easier for you to communicate and care about others, which is attractive. I'm sure ideas about attraction were discussed here and the fact that it kind of goes back to evolutionary impulses.. but also there is social skills. Ultimately working on becoming the man you want to be and having the life you want to live will naturally make all the other things fall into place, including girls wanting to be around you.

Shadvirus likes this.
  5. Fullyawake

Fullyawake Fapstronaut

I know this is likely a bad idea, but I‘ll ask you all anyway.

I emailed a girl a while back now and she didn’t reply. It’s been about a month or more - do you think I should try and reach out again?

I was thinking of saying something like a ‘Hey, not sure I’d you’re getting these message or not but’ type of thing - knowing she’s been getting the messages but giving her an excuse if required.

Thoughts?

6. I was in your shoes plenty of times, I decided for my sake to stop contacting this “friend”. Don’t let no girl play games with you. No mean to sound cliché but I kid you not bro, there’s always someone prettier, nicer, wiser, etc. Than what you were talking to. Trust me bro, as a person in their 20s learning something way older than my age. Never chase! It may sound mean but this is protecting yourself.

Shadvirus likes this.
  7. pavloo91

pavloo91 Fapstronaut

I think there is an important distinction to make here - sometimes a girl gives you some clues that she wants you to "chase" her - meaning she is waiting for you to make a move. In such a case, I would say it's ok - 'cause she is probably attracted to you. So it's not a waste of time.

A different situation, though, is when there is this girl and you are attracted to her, but she is not attracted to you. If you try to win her affection then, I would call it "actual chasing". In this scenario she is probably not attracted to you and it would be a waste of time to go after her.

I think that deep down we, guys, all know if it's "chasing" because both parties involved are interested or "actual chasing" because only one party involved is interested. And I think that in the latter situation, we feel like losers, something is just off, but we don't want to admit it to ourselves. This is my experience at least.

Although I've heard of cases where she wasn't at all interested, but he pursued her for a prolonged period of time, let's say a year. Eventually, they ended up being married. I also witnessed a situation with reversed roles - she pursued him - for several years! They ended up married. I don't know whether it's a good situation and whether they are happy now, but these things happen, so you never know. That being said - doing so is a lot of risk as you can really just waste a lot of time.

Shadvirus likes this.
  8. I see what you mean. Yes, both parties “chasing” for each other. Thats in the realm of courtship. Im talking about actual chasing, were one chases the other party while the other one leaves no cues or interests. Thats a big no no.

Shadvirus and pavloo91 like this.
  9. I fail to understand any of this. Sorry.

I won't tell you what it means to be nice off the top of my head. But you don't come across as someone who is nice. Besides, there is a world of difference between being a nice guy in general and being nice to someone.

Bro. There is NOTHING wrong with wanting to call someone, talk to them, text them. Even if you do that a lot. The sole fact that you like talking to someone so much doesn't mean jack shit.

Understand this: just like you don't want to be close with certain people, so do certain other people don't want to be close with you. I don't know why, I don't actually know you. That's how we humans work. If someone doesn't like you then that's it. They might change their mind down the line but stress is on might.
    The only thing you can do to make them like you at this point is by manipulating them into liking you. If you don't mind having fake friends and girlfriends by getting them in this way then go ahead. If you do mind then just accept the fact that someone just isn't interested and move on.
    What else needs to be said?

Deleted Account and Shadvirus like this.
  10. Shadvirus

Shadvirus Fapstronaut

Perhaps I'm not nice but I doubt you could tell that from a thread. Everything else you said is true. Thanks for your input.

11. That is not something that you hear coming from a nice guy.

12. Shadvirus

Shadvirus Fapstronaut

Hmm I think I see. Maybe I have a lot learn about myself and improve before I start bothering with relationships.

13. Ehh... No that's not the point.

14. thinking_differently

thinking_differently Fapstronaut

Umm Guys,
    1. None of you can decide what’s ‘Nice’ for that girl.
    2. How do you know she likes Only Nice Boys, and not the ones who are usually nice, but have a ‘Bad Boy’ side to them?

@Shadvirus Man I really say you don’t dwell on this topic now that you have found your answer. Why keep going round and round in the loop of memories? If I were you, I’d have unwatched/deleted the thread

15. pavloo91

pavloo91 Fapstronaut

Pray enlighten us then.

16. What is the question though?
    Because I don't know what you want me to enlighten you about