1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I need help on understanding the seed of God

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. goodnice 3.0

goodnice 3.0 Fapstronaut

@Tao Jones Can you help me? I am really trying to understand a few things. Clearly, the interpretation of the below verses cannot be that God expects sinless perfection and if you keep on sinning after being saved, that means you don't know God. Otherwise, if that were the case, then no one would be saved.

1 John 3:4-9
    "Everyone who sins breaks the law; in fact, sin is lawlessness. 5 But you know that he appeared so that he might take away our sins. And in him is no sin. 6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him.

7 Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray. The one who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous. 8 The one who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil’s work. 9 No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God."

Is the following interpretation correct?:

So here is a giant misunderstanding that the church keep pushing. There is sin as a noun and sin as a verb. Sin as a noun with Paul talks about 46/48 times In Romans , he refers to it as a noun. Sin is a thing not an action. John understood this, that is why John talks about having the incorruptible seed. You need the seed to not sin anymore. You need to be born again. So you have a sinful nature, the flesh seed. When you are baptized you receive a new seed and the old seed is dead. So now with the new seed , you now can not sin, because you can never fall short because it’s not longer what you do but what Christ did. So you are indeed perfect.

Now what to John was talking about, so now you have a new seed, you can not sin because you have a new seed in you, but you still have the old man thoughts/ideas in your head. So now you need to be transformed by the renewing of your spirit ..... nope that’s not it, just your mind needs to be renewed because it’s all been done. So sometimes you still act out of the old man that is dead, the flesh. That is sin because you are missing the mark because you are acting out of character of your new self yet this won’t lead to death because the Holy Spirit is in you and what jesus started in you will bring it to completion, even if you “sin” according to your earthly perspective , you will never sin because the sin is not whether or not you do something but it’s about whether you are born again or not, that is the only sin people should ever be worried about. Be long more Christ focused and less self focused is actually how to deal with acting out of the old man. The Holy Spirit is going throughout the world convicting people of 3 things sin, righteousness, judgement. In regards to sin whether they believe in the son. Righteousness because Jesus goes to the father and judgement because the ruler of this world is judged.

So as you see the Holy Spirit itself is only convicting people on whether or not they believe in jesus to recieve his seed.

This will probably be a confusing perspective if you don’t remove all your precondition ideas of what sin is. Sin in what most people say has actually been dealt with on the cross 2000 years ago, and God doesn’t even remember our sins anymore even before I was born. My “sin” now is whether you receive his life in you, NOT whether you are falling short in your life or not, sin stopped us from entering into the inner chamber but that was dealt with, so now everyone needs life for anyone can enter to receive life, and it’s open for all.

2. Read the passage in 1 John in conjunction with this one from Romans 7, and I think you will better understand the reality we are confronted with.

---

14 We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. 15 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18 For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19 For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. 20 Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.

21 So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22 For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; 23 but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. 24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? 25 Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!

So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God’s law, but in my sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.

goodnice 3.0 likes this.
  3. I am curious to hear your thoughts after you put these two alongside one another!

goodnice 3.0 likes this.
  4. goodnice 3.0

goodnice 3.0 Fapstronaut

Thanks Tao! But this kind of depresses me, because where is the freedom and victory over sin that is promised in Romans 6 and a bit in Romans 8?

How do i get access to this victory and walk in the Spirit?

5. This is what SET FREE NOWWW is all about. Our freedom is lived each day, moment by moment. We walk in freedom with each step we take, each decision we make, each lie we forsake. :)

Sin is right there with us, but we are able to master it in Christ's strength. We are in enemy territory in this life, and we will always be fighting against him as long as we are in this world.

John 16:33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

6. goodnice 3.0

goodnice 3.0 Fapstronaut

is this some magic formula though? How do we access Christ's strength? Do we have to put in effort, or do we surrender and let Christ work in us? Or both?

7. Did Peter walk on water in his own strength or in Christ's? How did he access that power?

goodnice 3.0 likes this.
  8. goodnice 3.0

goodnice 3.0 Fapstronaut

in Christ's. Through FAITH

9. goodnice 3.0

goodnice 3.0 Fapstronaut

@Tao Jones
    Did jesus forgive us of all sins, past present AND future or just past and present.

"And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive them, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins

Mark 11:25

how do we interpret mark 11:25 in the context of us already having all of our sins forgiven?

Sin cannot enter heaven, so lets say you do not forgive a person before you die, then that means your heavenly Father won't forgive you of your sin so then you go to hell?

10. Yes, through faith. But what did he actually do? The opening of Hebrews 12 contains a clue! :)

11. We interpret Scripture not as a rule book but as a letter from our Father and our Friend. If you want legalese, you'll have to look somewhere else.

The principle in Mark 11 is a simple one: If you want to truly grasp God's forgiveness of you, you must be the kind of person who forgives others, too. If you will not, cannot, forgive another, then you will never be able to receive God's forgiveness of you.

I do not think Jesus intended that we should take his words here and invent a rule out of it. Jesus came, remember, not to create a religion, but to set us free from it. He came to fulfill and complete the Law, rendering it null and void, not to impose upon us a new and more rigorous one. His harshest critiques were against the religious elites of his day. Let's not repeat their mistake in our own day.