1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I need help

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Helpmeplease1258, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Helpmeplease1258

Helpmeplease1258 Fapstronaut

Hello guys,

Just a WARNING. Please be careful when you read this. I had to go into some detail to explain my story. I don't want this to trigger anyone. It is not too descriptive.

I am a 20 year old dude who has been struggling with pmo and mo since I first began as a young teenager around 12-13. I have never been in a relationship with a girl and I have had recent thoughts in the past 2-3 years that it is not worth it. The pmo stuff really started to get bad around 15-16, but I'd mo 4 times every second day from then age of 12-15 years old due to OCD. It affected me greatly through that time. I was never good with girls and I'd be to scared to talk to them. I liked girls without ever really talking to them. It brings back bad memories but I would like you guys and gals to know my story.

I started do things I should not have been doing at age 16 that I am really dissapointed and saddened by, and some other factors such as pressure, stress and feelings of not being good enough as well as no hope of getting a girlfriend kicked in and added to it. I just wish I knew what I was doing would ruin everything and it would never be that same.

2015 (17 years old) was the year I decided enough was enough, especially towards the end of the year. I still would mo and pmo frequently and do things I should have probably avoided. It was mainly in the last half of the year that decided enough was enough, and I took the plunge to stop. I did not use any NoFap help or any other advice from other websites about it. I did not know that these websites existed. I started to cut back looking at p and just focus on cutting back on the amount of times I would do it a day to doing it once a week. The I would try to get to two weeks, and then 3 weeks. Of course I had a few pmo relapses and urges to mo. It was not until the begining of 2016 that I binged on p and I realised enough is enough. I asked God for help through this all and I cried my eyes out saying to my self I cannot do this anymore. I told Satan to get out of me (which you can say is the urge).

The Good Year

I was starting uni in two weeks, so I was clean for those 2 weeks. I also spoke to my Dad about this and he helped me with some strategies. Once I started Uni (18 years old) things changed, I didn't look back from that point. Of course I would get urges but I could switch them off again. I had motivation, enthusiasm and joy. I trusted God through this situation and got through that barrier. A lot of things happened in 2016 that helped me to focus on what I enjoyed. I felt like a new being and was at peace with everything. I was clean that entire year. No pmo or mo. Then towards the end of the year my parents were struggling with the relationship and the police got involved, but nothing happened. I started to develop a little Ocd because if I looked at a girl and got a tingling sensation, I'd have to go and do a pee to feel better. A bit wierd. That was a testing time for me, but I had no urge to go and look at p.

The Tough Year

Then 2017 (19 years old) came and I got a job and the begining of the year was very enjoyable. I did not have too many urges and I was clean. The Ocd did start to increase and this was due to me being scared of mo and pmo. I wasn't sure whether I'd finish the degree I was doing as I got an offer for another Uni. That stressed me out massively. My parents were arguing during that year, and the police got involved a second time and this time a court date was issued. Don't worry, there was nothing that was physical. I got myself involved, not on the police side, but between my parents to try and fix things. This was where I became stressed and sad about what was happening, I still did not have the urge. I didn't have much motivation and the Ocd was getting worse, I'd have to repeat things and that also was stressing me out. I was also questioning why I picked the degree I did and I am still questioning it. I didn't do that much other than Uni, work and PlayStation or when my family would go out somewhere. The Ocd was really getting to me and I was not able to be the happy person I was in 2016 and the beginning of 2017. I was still clean. No mo or pmo.

The Bad Year

Then 2018 (20 years old) came along and my parents were trying to work things. We went for two holidays as a family with my parents and brothers. That didn't change anything between my parents. Then the next court date came along and nothing happened. It still didn't change anything. The OCD was really bad to the point where I was getting rashes. No charges were given months into the year, I was stressing about going back to Uni and the situation at home. I was at home watching TV and decided I'd just look at the woman on TV's behind and I was triggered. After this I went on YouTube to search for inappropriate videos as I did not want to look at p. I was home alone and I saw this yoga video and before I knew it I had my hand on the lemon and I busted one. As soon as that happened I said to my self what have I done. I was feeling weird and strange that I had to stuff up all that progress. Maybe subconsciously because I don't have a gf or never have had one, my mind just snapped and I had to go an look. Also I spend most of my time at home, don't really have any close friends and have been unmotivated to do the things I enjoy out of fear. The same night I just decided stuff it, I'm gonna look at more yoga videos, and that was when I went back to pmo.

What I am feeling now

From then on it has been a constant struggle since to try and stop the relapses. I had a 2 month abstinence but I then feel back into it. Since the it had been 2-4 week streaks and then I relapse, sometimes up to 11 times in the space of 5 days, and up to 4 times in a day. I would stay up till about 3:30am in the morning some days looking at p and engaging in mo.

I have also been experiencing intrusive thoughts during pmo and mo and the Ocd makes things worse. All of a sudden, at the point of O I would have non sexual thoughts of a person and that would really piss me off and make me sad and depressed. This is the cycle I am experiencing. I'd have to keep doing it until the intrusive thoughts stop. The Ocd makes me have to keep doing mo to remove the intrusive thoughts. I also have to end on an mo without the p to feel better. Recently the way I fap and how I do it has also pissed me of and the Ocd has made me have to do it again. I don't want this to get too long as there are a lot of details. I relapsed again yesterday 4 times and my mind wants me to do it again because I didn't end in a certain way, where some spillage occurred while I pmoed in the bathroom and I had to wash the bath mats. It reminded me of when I was younger and I would just fap in the bathroom and I'd unload on the bathroom floor and the bathroom mats. It made me feel terrible. That's why the Ocd is kicking in. The 3 previous ones were in bed and in the toilet. If I watch p that is a little heavy, the Ocd kicks in and I need to watch something less heavy to feel better. I feel like absolute crap right now and I am at war with my brain whether I should do an mo again to neutralize the incident I had on the last one.

The reasons why wanted to stop was because I wanted to enjoy what I like doing more and not let pmo and mo get in the way. I wanted to get a girlfriend, and I did not bother when I was clean which I am now looking back and I have made a mistake. I wanted to be able to talk to people without feeling awkward and just be me. Pmo and mo has prevented me from being me, and I experienced what it was like to be me in 2016. I feel like shit about what I did as a teenager, looking at all the p and moing all the time. It's all come back. I didn't even think about what I did as a teenager during 2016. I have messed up catastrophically and I feel I will never be the same again no matter what I do. I have really like me. I used to lie about things as a teenager and was a little boastful at times, and I don't really like to say I am good at things because of this. My head is a mess, I question my existence and why I was born. I try to improve myself but I keep failing. Right now I am battling my mind and the ocd of whether I go and mo again because of the spillage that occurred on my last pmo because I think that I won't be the same. This kind of thinking happened when when I was a young teenager. I have been able to go without it for 2 years, I am struggling so much right now to try and get back to normal.

Someone help please.

JJSN likes this.
  2. TheProcedure

TheProcedure Fapstronaut

@Helpmeplease1258 welcome to the site my brother. this is a great resource and a community to help you alongside your fight.

thanks for sharing your story and having a willingness to beat this awful addiction once and for all. we can do it man. you just need to believe every day that you can indeed quit this thing. especially with the help of God.

bro keep fighting, never give up. imagine and visualize your best self and we can achieve our goals if we do things one thing at a time and live life day by day.

i encourage you to start your own journal in the Ages 20-24 section of the forums, introduce yourself to other fapstronauts and read through the Success Stories section of the forums to give you encouragement.

you got this man, and welcome again!

Helpmeplease1258 likes this.
  3. Needs2Stop35

Needs2Stop35 Fapstronaut

Hey Im new here today. So I'm 35 and first came across Pn at 6 years old. I'm Married with kids and have PIED and my last Fap was this Morning.

Look at the bright side, your young and not Married yet. Now is the time you want to quit, just tell yourself the older you is gunna be pissed your didn't do it now.

Life goes by so dang fast, just stay with it, and stay positive.

Helpmeplease1258 likes this.
  4. Helpmeplease1258

Thanks heaps!! It's real tough with the Ocd stuff trying to battle that. My head is still fighting with me saying that I need to mo again to feel normal after the previous pmo relapse which I mentioned in the initial post. I feel like shit right now. Just have to fight it somehow.

5. Helpmeplease1258

Thanks!! Yeah I want to get myself right before anything and it is real tough at the moment trying to beat it, especially with the OCD. All the best with your journey in beating this.