1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I need help...

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. pin

pin Fapstronaut

Hi, I'm in need of help. For sometime now the struggle with homosexuality is real. I hate it, but the struggle with the it is there. I have failed so many times and when I think it's under control it shows itself again and I wind up sinning. MO is a struggle, but this I am tired of and want to stop. I can only trust God and want to ask this community of believers to pray for me, that God would help me to overcome and hate this sin. Today, I sinned against God and my heart is broken and saddened. I need a brother in the Lord to stand with me, that I could be accountable to. Is there anyone on here that can connect with me? Please pray about it and pray for freedom and liberation from this sin. This is not easy to talk about.

Pagu and Nathan Smith like this.
  2. Pin
    I am willing to be your accountability partner. I am going to DM you.

3. I cannot DM you. You will have to DM me.

4. Nathan Smith

Nathan Smith New Fapstronaut

I find this verse to help me:
    16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good. 17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. 18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. 19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. 20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. 21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me. 22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man: 23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. 24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? 25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin. (‭Romans‬ ‭7‬:‭16-25‬ KJV)

pin, Tao Jones and 1 Tes. 4:3 like this.
  5. Happy to help however I can. Feel welcome to reach out to me directly any time. I am encouraged by your bold confession. You can beat this!

pin and Myfortress like this.
  6. pin

pin Fapstronaut

Thanks for your reply appreciate it

Tao Jones likes this.
  7. pin

pin Fapstronaut

Acted out my temptation. I was good for over 30 days and then it just overwhelmed me. I need deliverance and freedom from this. Please pray that the Holy Spirit will make me hate this sin. It's not what I want, I hate it.

Virginpaul likes this.
  8. Sounds like your prayer has already been answered! :) Now, you just need to act as if this were true.

Onward.

geester and HelpMe81 like this.
  9. HelpMe81

HelpMe81 Fapstronaut

Try to be intentional about helping others that are facing the same struggle that you are going through. Wake up in the morning with deliberate intention to spend 20 minutes thanking the Lord for his graces. Everything good in life comes from His grace, even the air we breathe.

Tao Jones and Rosamund like this.
  10. Make peace with your demons(That is the act of pmo not neccecerily homosexuality if thats your sexuality) and lesson the grip so they cant control you. Just because you have thoughts that are homesexual doesnt mean you have to act on them. gently pray and contemplate the bible, have faith and the rest will come into place(in theory). Prayer is a way to nudge the mind into place not to force it into place. Just my personal theory. Every turning to god is a victory, a success. Know this god loves you no matter how much you sin. God really loves those that do sin, he would prefer that you did not to sin but nether the less knows human nature all too well which is why he sent his son to redeem the world by the Lords death and resorection he has redeemed us all.

Also you have free will so you have the power to choose to sin or not to sin... easier said then done what with the dualigy of the ego.

Tao Jones likes this.
  11. Confess, repent and restart. God loves you and forgives you.

Tao Jones likes this.