1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I prefer eating out alone

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Waldo101, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Waldo101

Waldo101 Fapstronaut

I find that if you are a food lover, it's better to eat out alone.

The reason is because I love to order the odd stuff like steak tar tar, foi gras, tongue meat, whole fish with the head attached, etc...

If I take people with me to a restaurant and they see what I order, they often think it's abnormal because they are too Americanized and main stream and the dining experience is not pleasant.

Also when I eat delicious foods, I want to savor the moment and not be distracted with conversation.

If I am at a restaurant like McDonald's or something generic, having friends with me is fine because I don't care about the food and it's not important.

zero01 likes this.
  2. IGY

IGY Guest

When I think of eat-in burger bars, I never think of them as restaurants, lol. :p

zero01 likes this.
  3. JoeinUSA

JoeinUSA Fapstronaut

Although, I like eating with a friend who is more daring than I, and it even stretches my own boundaries in cuisine, I find. But, true, conversation may distract from the palate, unless the conversation is a critique of the food itself being savored, whether positive or negative - and that can be fun, too. Sometimes I even take pictures of the plate for later posting on a restaurant review site. Bon appetite!

4. Waldo101

Waldo101 Fapstronaut

Yeah I like octopus and stuff like that too. My friends think it's gross but they don't realize that the chicken wings and burgers they eat has actually been exposed to high levels of poop from the factories.

I've eaten insects and that's actually more sanitary than what main stream Americans eat.

zero01 likes this.