1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I quit smoking for 7 days. Then failed

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by 3nigma, Oct 20, 2018.

Tags:
  1. 3nigma

3nigma Fapstronaut

Hey guys. So I posted recently about quitting smoking and how I was planning on this being the next major step to improving my life. I'm a 2 1/2 pack a day smoker so I knew it would be a challenge but damn was it. It started out easy enough - cravings all over the place. I know how to deal with cravings so that wasn't that big a deal. But what happened around day 6 took me by surprise. I woke up in the worst cig withdrawal ever and it lasted for the next 2 days! I finally gave in on day 8 and said "fuck it." I'm back to smoking my regular amount and I haven't looked back since.

I'm pretty disappointed that I failed at quitting smoking. I don't know what my next step is. I know I need to quit but I think it's gonna be a while until I can summon the willpower to go even another 7 days. Fuck man.

2. My suggestion to you is start working out, hard stuff. Try boxing, something that takes you so much energy. Exercise is good cuz it forces you to quit smoking. Cuz if you continue to smoke you will suffer during the exercises. Pick something hardcore. And carry with you only candies um case the urges comeback. Feel the urge to smoke? Eat some candy. Workout everyday if possible for 30 days. Be harsh on yourself too. Not an easy task but if you really want to quit, you can.

Knighthawk likes this.
  3. InvestingGuy

InvestingGuy Fapstronaut

Just take it one step at a time buddy. If you gradually reduce the number of cigarettes and the frequency it can help you. I know quitting cigarettes is tough. I think meditation will give you will power. Also if you surround yourself with people, that will keep you busy.

Knighthawk likes this.
  4. I switched from smoking tobacco to chewing tobacco, or even making tea out of it (be careful with dosage though). Am so happy to be free from smoking, but still using this plant