1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I wanna talk about Love in High School...

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Ward, Jan 20, 2018.

1. Ward

Ward Fapstronaut

Aight... um this is wierd yet I know this is an open place... OKAY:

I want a GF.

Damn that sounded wierd... okay, let me explain why: What is Love? How does it feel? And did I feel it before? (Which I will explain shortly with my past crush) Because in my past relationships I had 'Sexual relationships' (I think it was because of my pmo addiction) when I started grade 11 (am still in grade 11 and am 17 years old just to clarify) there was this girl with short hair and dressed retro 90s look which had me this feeling of me thinking "Wow... shes so cool and had this personality in it which I like" And I felt this emotional feeling... And when she talked to other guys, I felt Jealous!! (Unlike with my past relationships, when my gfs talked to other guys, no jealousy! No care! Just sexual bullsh!t!) I asked myself if it was REAL love unlike sexual love and I still do to this day. This feeling I had was this feeling of like walking out of the cinema after watching a disney movie. Was that a different type of love or Crush than of sexual crush? (Affection am guessing).

Am also asking this because I wanna be in a relationship yet I dont want to be in a sexual relationship due to my PMO addiction. I wanna feel that same feeling I had to this crush... but with someone else. (Turns out that crush I had on is a thirst trap And I dont mess around with a thirst trap!)

Am guessing that I have to wait for someone new at school and if I catch her eye I would love her... (love on first sight?)
    Or I would meet a girl that I think shes cute or Interesting yet I dont have feelings for her in the first week or so but as I get to know her I would start to have feelings for her?

Just remember that am a teenager, 17, going through high school stuff, with finals every year in Israel and for me being in a country thats not my habitat that am used to in (I came from Canada). Hormones changes and other crazy teenager stufff

2. The Wrestler

The Wrestler Fapstronaut

3. The Wrestler

The Wrestler Fapstronaut

Man, I feel you! When I first started dating with any degree of seriousness...that actually was the chorus going through my head. I can't tell you what love is or how it feels, that's something you get to discover for yourself. Which...is both super exciting and super terrifying. Just go with it!

I can tell you jealousy is not love. I think you've figured this out, too. Jealousy is like a beast that twists around your gut and claws to get out, whereas love is more like feeling your heart is overflowing.
    Love at first sight can happen, don't get me wrong, but it is not the norm. Good relationships are built and maintained. Like a house, or a fire. That first catch of passion with no work is not a great long term plan.
    This can happen, too. Really, it could be either of these things, or neither, or both!

Some people think the goal of dating is to get sex. Others think it's to get married. Neither of these ideas are complete, because why, then, do married couples with children go on dates? The purpose of dating is to get to know someone, and to get to know yourself in different situations. High school is a really exciting time to do just that - discover new people and what they're like. Go out and date, young Turk! Find your friends, build relationships and get to know people. Some as romantic partners, some as work partners, some as friend partners, some as mentors. If you enter into your high school with kindness and the intention of getting to know people and yourself, you will go far.

Ward likes this.
  4. Abird

Abird Fapstronaut

If you date with goal sex than its probably a ONS. But tell me why a married couple would go on a date? Unless a date is a social thing, its pretty weird to do if you are married. Some would see it as cheating.

Ward likes this.
  5. Your perspective on love is going to shift allot as you go through life. Most of the time you yourself are going to shift right along with it, they say by your 35th birthday your personality / belief system is pretty solid by that point and you are going to be the same person from then on for the remainder of your life.

This is important because during that time from now until then, you are going to change as a person dramatically and what more, whoever you are with is going to change right along with you. So it's important to know you may end up falling in love with someone at one point and you'll both change as you both get older.

I'm 37 and can say emphatically state I've been infatuated 2 times and only in real love once. The problem with love though is you really don't know it completely until it's gone.

So Love is pain willfully ignored until its lost.

Ward likes this.
  6. The Wrestler

The Wrestler Fapstronaut

You've never seen a husband take his wife somewhere nice? Or a couple go out for dinner?

7. PSC94

PSC94 Fapstronaut

If you need a girlfriend to be happy, you’ll be sorely disappointed when you get a girlfriend and still aren’t happy.

Work on yourself first. Worse case scenario, you’re in exactly the same position you are now but better off because you have a healthier view of yourself and aren’t as desperate.