1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I Want to Become a Morning Person

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Muguin, Jul 31, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Muguin

Muguin New Fapstronaut

Since I discovered the internet, I have swapped sleep for surfing the web. I always end up catching some sleep sometime after midnight and getting up between 10-11. If I force myself up early with an alarm, I find it incredibly hard to get out of bed and start the day.

I was homeschooled until high school and was able to get into the habit of staying up very late since I didn't need to be up at a certain time every day. Now, during the school year, I will get up at 6:00 am every morning to make it to classes. However, as soon as summer break started my body reversed to its old habit of staying up late and waking up late.

Waking up early and NoFap go hand-in-hand in my book. I have no troubles with getting up early but my energy levels throughout the day are lower even if I get a proper amount of sleep. The same amount of sleep starting after midnight and ending around noon feels so much more energizing.

Has anyone experienced something like this? How did you change to a morning person?

A41:14A likes this.
  2. A41:14A

A41:14A Fapstronaut

Work mate, no choice since I've left school, even on holidays..

plant goodness likes this.
  3. Wake up in the morning even if you don't feel to...

plant goodness likes this.
  4. kattskagg

kattskagg Fapstronaut

So hard to force yourself up every morning, a big problem for me. Having an alarm clock in another room can be enough to help me get up. And reading Harry Potter is the only thing that can make me sleepy pretty fast if I really focus and don't let my mind wander off. Worst is that I don't have anything active I want to do just when going up, usually sits with the phone or playing videogames.

Don't know if nofap helps but those moments where I feel energized and inspired are more frequent, and I believe that I'm sleeping better but hard to know. More dreams, and some of them are sexual, didn't happen before!

Kattskägg

5. TSoprano

TSoprano Fapstronaut

1) Set up 2 glasses of water and protein in a shaker bottle next to your bed before you go to sleep.
    2) Set alarm 30 minutes before you want to wake up
    3) When the alarm goes off, mix the protein and pound that plus the water
    4) If your not already up by then you will be in 30 minutes.

6. Pepper M.

Pepper M. Fapstronaut

Read the book "Miracle Morning" by Hal Elrod - motivated me to get up at 5:30 everyday and I've been doing it for over a year now. Also, sometimes I take melatonin ;)

plant goodness and Ted123 like this.
  7. plant goodness

plant goodness Fapstronaut

Lol I bought that book and donated it before I finished the 1st chapter.

It does help if you really apply it. I found it to be too much like, well, I had other things to wake up for and didn't need it.

I don't regret giving it away though. Hey maybe someone just like you is reading it as I am typing this and is waking up at the same time everyday!

A41:14A likes this.
  8. plant goodness

plant goodness Fapstronaut

You know what Hal's book needs more of a spotlight.

It was highly acclaimed. I learned about from another user here actually. It is life changing if one is ready to receive the message in it and is about more than just waking up early everyday.

11324252_741056352672695_192794957_n.jpg

The-Moment-You-Take-Responsibility.jpg

BOOYAKASHA READ IT UP!

Perry2000 and The_Motorcyclist like this.
  9. Ryan Veitch

Ryan Veitch Fapstronaut

I need help with sleep. First I stayed awake to watch R rated movies, then I stopped that but still need to fantasize to fall asleep. I have managed two weeks without fantasizing now but my sleep cycle is all over the place. I really really want to be a morning person.

10. QUAH162

QUAH162 Fapstronaut

Carbs would work better.

11. Pepper M.

Pepper M. Fapstronaut

Yeah, I can see that. It's not motivating unless you already want to wake up early. If you don't, it probably won't convince you to.

12. CompulsiveCrab

CompulsiveCrab Fapstronaut

a proper nutrition will help your body's energy in the long run throughout the day. And keep you able around lunch hour when you're sleepy. Exercise will help with energy throughout the day as well.

(Life's secrets)

13. I'd say go to bed early. Maybe write post it notes or something that reminds you that you're going to bed early - you could even write up a schedule the night before for the following day that include the time you plan to go to sleep . At 5 pm remind yourself that your going to bed at 9 pm and then at 7 pm start preparing yourself for bed and then by 9 pm go to sleep. Of course this depends on what your doing during the day but try to do it if you can. It's not easy I'm trying to get in the habit of going to bed early and waking up early.

This video might help: