1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I was so close to going back on meds. Then Nofap cured my depression.

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by skyheart, Sep 7, 2014.

1. skyheart

skyheart Fapstronaut

BACKGROUND:
    I had depression and been on antidepressants from age 10-20. In and out of therapy, psych wards, etc. After I recovered from drug addiction 4 years ago, I went back on antidepressants on a (outrageous) dose.

I've always been a healthy guy so don't like taking pharmaceuticals. It took me a year, but I weaned myself off of Lexapro and have been free ever since.

Recently, I had been having anxiety and panic attacks at work (I work very closely with people). I would have seasons where I was very awkward, and things just didn't feel right in my brain.

I went to the doc, got a first round of antidepressants, and filled the prescription. But I didn't take them yet.

About a month after the doc visit, I started nofap. And I had forgotten about the antidepressants I had purchased until today.

Today I'm realizing that I am ALOT more balanced than I ever was. I have less panic attacks because I meditate. and pray morning and night. I have less stress and more dopamine because I go to the gym 3 times a week. And I supplement using natural herbs like ginseng and maca powder.

I believe that out bodies were meant to heal and take care of themselves. By rebooting and resetting my dopamine and stress response mechanisms, nofap has allowed my body to become it's own anti-anxiety, anti-depressant, etc.

Positive path likes this.
  2. So true, NoFap has definitely cured my clinical depression which I had for years!

Second best part is that NoFap is FREE :D

3. Indignation

Indignation Fapstronaut

I never went to a doctor for my depression so I guess it's not professionally verified, but I feel like I've had a horrible depression for the last 6-7 years. Went 10 days with nofap and started taking all-natural anti-depressant supplements and I haven't had a downer since! It's awesome to see other people are having the same results! Nofap is awesome. definitely worth the effort. Finding other improvements as well. No more anxiety, More motivation to workout than ever before, feeling more confidant, and just a over-all clarity and peace of mind. :cool:

4. simpleman42

simpleman42 Fapstronaut

So glad to hear the success you guys are having. I have bipolar disorder and am wondering how nofap might affect my disease. I am only a little over a week into my fist 90 day challenge. At about day 5 I had some intense irritability so I was a little worried. That has passed.

Take care!

5. Clumsy

Clumsy Banned

Wow it's a pleasure to read your success, good work brother. Keep this up and now and don't fall back into the vicious cycle of fapping again.

6. skyheart

skyheart Fapstronaut

simpleman42,remember this phrase:

"This too shall pass"

If we continue to do the things we've always done, we will continue to have the outcomes that we've always had. Keep fighting this good fight - its a fight for life and love and freedom. Continue to keep an open mind for new ways to navigate the emotions that come up as a result of your bipolar and nofap. There are a lot of good ideas on this forum, but continue searching and trying new things that might work for you. Spend time in face-to-face relationships with people, and get raw with someone. If you need anything, feel free to reach out in a PM.

Be well brother.

7. jayojonnyy11888

jayojonnyy11888 New Fapstronaut

this is exactly what i needed to see.. i have been in and out of wards with depression and anxiety...for years i keep feeling like something is wrong with me..i always wanted that feeling of joy from when i was a kid(when i didnt masturbate)and always wonder where that joy went.. i hope this really works