1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I wish I was Asexual. Being horny sucks.

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Deleted Account, Mar 6, 2021.

1. Being horny sucks. It really does. There’s always this constant thought in the back of my head about sex. It’s annoying and never goes away. I wish I was Asexual or something. I probably could accomplish more things in my life without thinking about sex all the time.

Does anyone feel the same way? Or no?

2. It is troublesome and rewarding.
    I'm pretty sure asexual people have their own problems.
    The best is the middle path, not obsessiveness nor coldness.

3. theMotivator

theMotivator Fapstronaut

If we wouldn't have that urge, we would never procreate, and probably You and I wouldn't exist. Even with the urges sometimes a thought slips into my mind, that I don't want to get married. Imagine what would be, if I didn't have such a powerful urge. We have to create families and use that urge to create good, big, and moral families. And not like beasts, but like people who strife for good things.

Candun and FezMan76 like this.
  4. I agree with you 100% . i just dont want to think about sex and woman 24/7, is there some drug to supress it?

5. Watanabe

Watanabe Fapstronaut

Yep I've pondered it from a similar view point, if there was a drug or medical procedure that simply removed the desiring, lusting, leering and fantasizing, leaving us free to apply ourselves more productively in other avenues of life, but I guess that's why I'm here now, for the last couple of years doing nofap, in an attempt to rewire my brain and create better habits etc..but it's slow progress and I'm really uncertain about the ability to switch off biological and evolutionary forces..we'll see, perhaps with age, maturity, good lifestyle, meditation who knows..but yes, it's a struggle

6. There is this substance called a herbal anaphrodisiac. But it’s only used to suppress the sex drive of sex offenders. I don’t know if you can buy it, but it only suppresses the libido for a certain period of time and that’s it.

7. I agree.

8. Indeed.

Watanabe likes this.
  9. The Archangel

The Archangel Fapstronaut

If you stay busy, it wont bother you. I know this because I'm barely busy..

10. I know exactly what you mean.

11. eagle25

eagle25 Fapstronaut

100% this.

I'm over 40 and, whilst my wife's libido fell off a cliff years ago, I seem to be even more sex obsessed than I was 20 years ago.

12. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

I think you guys might be approaching this from the wrong angle. Sexual desire is part of what makes you alive, it is what often drives men to achieve things and without it you lose an important part of what makes you a man.

Instead of trying to suppress sexual desire, you should apply the restless energy into doing other things. Exercise, be creative, do something that channels it into something productive.

Candun and FellatiousD like this.
  13. eagle25

eagle25 Fapstronaut

I do a bunch of things that I won't bore you with by listing. None of those things suppress the urge to masturbate which can be triggered by a hot girl just walking past outside or a film with a tame sex scene.

On the very rare occasion sex with my wife is on the cards I will masturbate thinking about it before the event, then the next morning thinking about what happened even if it wasn't all that great.

It's a constant thing for me - never off my mind for long.

14. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

This sounds very tough, you definitely have my sympathy. My point though is exactly what you described, that sometimes you cant suppress the urge for sexual release and you instead have to take a different approach. I find that I sometimes just have to live with the urge instead of trying to make it go away.

15. PanteriMauzer

PanteriMauzer Fapstronaut

Nah asexual sounds boring and you wouldnt put descendant in this world and thats very important

16. eagle25

eagle25 Fapstronaut

As I've just mentioned in another thread, I think the only option I have is to try and go cold turkey for an extended period in the hope that something clicks. If I can manage a very long streak just once I will at least know it can be done.

Watanabe and AtomicTango like this.
  17. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Yes, going on long streaks definitely makes it easier.

Candun likes this.
  18. Have you ever gone very far into a hard mode streak? Maybe that's all you need to do and if you're unlucky like some of us, you might hit a never ending flatline and effectively become asexual with no more urges or even erections. Whenever I go on very long streaks (50+ days), I usually hit flatlines which don't seem to end so I eventually succumb to fear and have to purposely relapse (no urges at all) to regain libido because it feels like a permanent condition. 50-100 days of flatline feels like death. You should try it. You may be surprised to find you don't really like being devoid of sexual desire.

19. Candun

Candun Fapstronaut

You could say the same thing about pretty much any feeling. If you were stripped of all emotion and programmed to just work 24/7, you would be more productive too.

PrioritySystem likes this.
  20. dandausa

dandausa Fapstronaut

It goes away. I probably have 1-2 lust moments a day. Get hit by it, at some point check it in with one of my recovery buddies and then I'm able to move on. Once I stop filling my head with attractive women from social media (Youtube, IG, reddit, etc) and the news (depressing, giving up hope, wanting to escape the sadness of things I can't control), it has gotten much easier.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2021
    BatFlatOctave and Watanabe like this.