1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

[IDEA] grand text of nofap?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Ὀρφεύς, Jul 14, 2021.

1. Ὀρφεύς

Ὀρφεύς Fapstronaut

My Journal
    No matter how much I search this forum, I have not yet found the perfect text that conveys all possible knowledge concisely but very clearly and in detail. There always seems to be something else missing. There are those texts and tables that may have set this goal, but at least they were not very effective for me, their effect fades after few months for vague reasons - perhaps because many of them have the advantage of motivating aura, loud words, self-experience stories, or they are too long or just sth. Or I am just doomed to lose lol. However, I think that this goal to succeed can be tried to be achieved rationally as well. I am talking about a text which would be intended not to motivate, but rather to program the brain for the noble goal of remaining abstinent. Sth that would rationally dispel all desires to sin. I think the search for this text should be extended beyond reading to the whole community. What I am asking of you is to write down all the things that you consider to be the most important reasons for the success of this path. Send any texts you find important. And write to those who would like to contribute to the creation of this text. It is conceivable that this text should be read perhaps daily or at least once an x, so its volume should not exceed 1000 words or sth, I guess. I may be wrong. Just my Constitution had more than 1000 words and after half of the year, I ended trying to read it every morning.

I admit that maybe this thought sounds silly and I can’t put it nicely at the moment. I look forward to your criticism. Of course, there is a more important accent about the will to act, but knowledge, plan, and constantly remembering is also important.

I will try to supplement this topic with some important messages over time. I just need to retranslate them to English from my language lol.

2. Ὀρφεύς

Ὀρφεύς Fapstronaut

My Journal
    Some tables I use:
    upload_2021-7-14_14-44-57.png
    1. Will acting on this temptation bring me long-term satisfaction or instant gratification?

2. What will be the end result if I act on this temptation?

3. If I choose to act on this temptation will it make my life better or worse?

4. Do I take 100% responsibility for my own actions or do I blame others and make excuses?

5. Can the addicted part of my brain force me to act out against my will?

6. Is there a part of me that wants to walk away from this?

7. Can I choose to follow that part that wants to walk away?

8. Is there a feeling of peace that will come to me if I walk away?

9. Would I feel better about myself tomorrow if I didn’t act out today?

10. Will I honor the rational part of my brain that is encouraging me to walk away from this temptation?

upload_2021-7-14_14-47-10.png

None of this is mine.

One of the greatest links:
    https://forum.nofap.com/index.php?threads/the-rebooting-toolbox-tips-and-tricks.236156/

https://quitpmo.weebly.com/

https://yourbrainrebalanced.com/for...the-top-3-fatal-mistakes-rebooters-make.5734/

Methods:

Surfing the wave (Urge surfing) tactic (I read it in one book, but there is a lot info)

Or do things you are afraid (but sometimes it can give you a lot of tension)...

Meditation, Cold Shower, Exercises, no sugar, no internet, ( yup, it's good, but tbh speaking about NF, it's meh, I've done this non-stop for more than year, it doesn't work really well actually ://; you can spend 4-6 hours for all this things in the day but you still can relapse every each damn day; I start believing it's all about mindset, constant renewal of mind).

3. Wilde°

Wilde° Fapstronaut

What about if you find an explanation for each thing? I mean people don't just throw out a recipe for succeeding in nofap.. everything has a reason. And it's complicated, you can do all of these but there is more things that can trigger you if you aren't disciplined enough. Nothing is better than experience..

What you wrote are the basics, there's much more than that.. what triggered me is all the girls around doing signs and I didn't act on it - so now I start acting on it instead of fantasizing. There's hell lot of triggers, one may be triggered for laying on the couch, one can be triggered simply by hearing some kind of music, one can be triggered by a word he saw.. it's all about discipline. I can tell that I was triggered and lost my streak due to alot of reasons:

1. Stress (obviously meditation would help to that but I insisted not to do it)

2. As I said - women around. If you can't beat em - join em. But I'm not saying everyone should be tempted that way it's just one of my goals (be able to approach them)

3. The world is full of triggers, at the gym, outside, everywhere - SELF DISCIPLINE.

What you wrote up there it's significantly lowering your chance to PMO.
    1. No internet - less triggers (social media is the worst thing for a Fapstronaut)
    2. No sugar - less cravings for dopamine and guilt that could lead to PMO (Sometimes it's fine..)
    3. Cold showers - I don't have any research to show but for me it decreased the urges, a better alternative for coffee too.
    4. Exercise - Getting the stress out and doing something that's self improvement and health reduces guilt and makes you feel better, look better and you know.. it's just exercise, I have heard of someone that skipped exercise and it made him to fap.. not saying you should lol..

I know I didn't elaborate much and there's much more to say I'm just out of time lol.

Ὀρφεύς likes this.
  4. Ὀρφεύς

Ὀρφεύς Fapstronaut

My Journal
    You are damn right, thanks for your reply! It's multicomplex problem, and very personal to each of us.

Self-discipline for me is now a really incomplete self-development area as I stupidly blocked my virtue system cause in the last month I really was feeling great towards my all goals and thought it requires too much time... That virtue system had a lot of fuses and rules and always prevented from falling to at least 4 score. Now I believe all those 12 virtues combined sums up to an average 4 score out of 10. But it always gave me a good panorama of my daily life, there were a lot of statistics, but I also spend 30 minutes a day just to understand where I am. And here I refused those 30 minutes to be more productive, then after exams I got families troubles, need to change a place to live, will start volunteering in a hospital and some things to do also and I am in such stress and had to refuse some things for example to unblock my phone so I could have phone calls that were necessary at my time.
    Finally, I don't know how to get to that self-discipline... Maybe you can suggest something there? I always imagined you need to remain with your habits for a long time, but I always fkd up. I managed to study for 6 hours per day for ~50 days without any break (about days) and then gave up this habit. As I gave up meditation and cold shower habits or that virtue system habit that was with me for more than one year! I thought I need to grow steadily, but at some point in my life, I started to doubt those effects. The cold shower had some disadvantages, f.e. it made me not scrub my hair perfectly, so now I got low lvl seborrhea, but I think everything will be ok lol as I in that year just forgot to wash my hair so better, cause when you are in a cold shower you just damn want to do things faster, but with meditation and exercise everything is perfect, just want to mention that you can do all those stuff and still not succeed.

All these require effort and patience.

AlphaGod likes this.
  5. Wilde°

Wilde° Fapstronaut

You know, like I said before.. there isn't a recipe. I think that the best thing is like you tried - changing habits. While doing nofap I started really fast leaving videogames, tv, social media and more.. to be honest? I don't feel any need to use those, I don't think I would've done that without nofap, but the thing is people think it's a magic pill without doing anything.. I mean the study hard technique that you've mentioned sounds good. I remember dedicating the energy for studying or whatever not that I had the urge to fap.. or going out as much as possible, basically just doing things that makes you suffer because nofap gives you energy and when you're not fapping obviously the best way is to put it on self improvement. For example I had the triggers at the gym and I got boost of energy used it to lift more.. but I'm not suggesting you to watch triggers in order to use this energy, this energy is always there just use it for everything but not fapping..

For me it wasn't hard to identify triggers and get moving, people tempt to fall to the PMO cycle and that's the main problem. If you relapse - move on, unless you want to dig yourself a dipper hole right? Once you master it, it becomes so easy. The only problems for us nofappers is the triggers out there, whether it's girls or whatever comes in our way - that's when self discipline comes.

TL;DR - find ways to develop your self discipline. Watch military people for advice and start suffering that worked for me.. but also, try make it balanced because stress can make you fap to, if it comes too far and you can't manage the stress do some changes, start gradually.