1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

If a friends says/does this what does it mean?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by JJTorres, Jul 20, 2018.

1. JJTorres

JJTorres Fapstronaut

My Pastor is my newest friend and posibbly my potential best friend BUT when i saw a pic of him kayaking on facebook i (for the reason of deepining the relationship)
    I posted " you have to invite me Pastor" and he just put a laughing emoji like this

What does that mean?
    Thnx

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. AlphaReborn

AlphaReborn Fapstronaut

It means The Pastor is happy if you join him kayaking. What else brother? And why did you ask this simple question? Like what more than that could it mean dude?

3. JJTorres

JJTorres Fapstronaut

Well i think a smiling would indicate that he is happy but a laughing one might mean hes not taking it seriously or doesnt want to invite me because he doesntknow me wtell
    NOW YOU SAY: Why you asked for an answer for then?

4. AlphaReborn

AlphaReborn Fapstronaut

Whether he is joking or not, if you like kayaking you should join him. You should learn to not give much care brother.

5. it just means he put a happy face either because he thought you were joking or is open to it

6. JJTorres

JJTorres Fapstronaut

I dont think so, this morning in church he acted a bit like he wouldnt socialize with me or look me in the eyes. Different.

7. Don't over think emojis, that is a fool's gambit. I'm not saying you are a fool to be clear. Also I would never besmerch the name of my favorite X-Men. Just don't read too much into it.

8. JJTorres

JJTorres Fapstronaut

Did you read my previous post?

9. Hmmm...maybe I should ponder this some more. My gut tells me a pastor probably doesn't know the rules of emojis. Ask him, he will tell you what he meant.

10. GigglingTrout

GigglingTrout Fapstronaut

I doubt it's anything negative. You're still besties, I'm sure...

11. JJTorres

JJTorres Fapstronaut

Do besties dont look in the eyes?

12. GigglingTrout

GigglingTrout Fapstronaut

Your pastor won't make eye contact with you?

Well, that may not be a good sign...

JJTorres likes this.
  13. JJTorres

JJTorres Fapstronaut

Exactly

14. Septimus

Septimus Fapstronaut

Well, this could be way off, as I don't have much to go on, but here goes.

I think it means that he appreciates the friendliness on your part, but he may be unsure of your intentions and so is being careful. Not that he doesn't like you, but he may not know what you have in mind. After all, you just told us he's your newest friend; you may feel you know him well, but he may not know you all that well. You may think of him as a dear friend, and he thinks of you as a member of his congregation who he's gotten to know more than others.

Remember, he has you and maybe hundreds of other people for whom he is responsible. And sometimes he will have people who not only respond positively to him, but go overboard. People are grateful for his guidance; they may go through a crisis, and he helps them through it. It's kind of like the movies or TV shows where a patient comes through a terrible illness or injury, and falls in love with his nurse who cared for him. People in these professions know that sometimes, people will "fall" for them.

No, I'm not saying you have a crush on your pastor; and I'm not saying that your pastor thinks you do. What I'm saying is that he has to deal with all kinds of things, and he knows to be careful so that he doesn't send signals that will be misunderstood.

Alternately: it could just be that while he appreciates and welcomes your friendliness, he's not prepared to make you his "best" friend. He can't be best friends with everyone in his congregation.

My advice is to forget about it. Be glad you have a pastor you think is a good guy and you like him, and he does a good job. If you and he end up being great friends, that awesome, but also realize that may not happen and that's OK too. Be happy with what you have, don't be greedy for more. And don't worry about emojis. I would bet a thousand dollars your pastor isn't worrying about that whole thing; he's moving on to other tasks.

JJTorres and Jason_Tesla_19 like this.
  15. JJTorres

JJTorres Fapstronaut

Thats a great insight.

16. AlphaReborn

AlphaReborn Fapstronaut

As long as you don't act gay or wierd in front of him, he won't probably do nothing.