1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Im 19 and I dont wanna work all my life

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Sadakiyo, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Sadakiyo

Sadakiyo Fapstronaut

It depress me so much... what do you do to cope with it guys ??

2. BreakingBenjamin

BreakingBenjamin Fapstronaut

It can be easier if you will find a job that you like doing.

3. If working to earn your keep depresses you, then I only got this to say to you "stop expecting other people to put food in your mouth".

4. Get_It

Get_It Fapstronaut

Become a Bernie Bro.

5. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

That isn't necessarily true. There was this journalist who had her dream job but she's tried to kill herself 3 times. She had imposer synonyme and believed she would be better off dead because her work wasn't good enough. Her story can be heard here.

You can still get depression if you have a job. People have their dream job and still attempt to commit suicide. I'd say no can get depressed at the thought of working.

Protagonist and Deleted Account like this.
  6. Watch Dave Ramsey on YouTube. Budget, spend your money wisely and save, save, save. Invest. You might not have to work all your life if you are wise with your money.

7. Also, look into minimalism and living with less.

Nine and Deleted Account like this.
  8. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

@Sadakiyo Instead of looking for a way to cope with work you should probably look for a way to manage your depression. I think you need to research so you can understand your depression so you can figure out how to manage it. I would recommend J.S. Park's book How Hard It Really Is. It's a well researched, easy to read book and the author suffers from depression himself. You might also be interested in listening to that interview with the journalist I mentioned in my previous post. She has written a memoir but I've heard it's not so good for people with depression to read it, because she gets really honest and graphic about how depression effects her. You should be able to find a way to work while having depression since people with depression do, but it's more important to understand your depression. Also, I would recommend not talk about depression so openly on these forums since you might end up getting attacked. I've seen people who have depression get attacked by members of this forum.

Deleted Account likes this.
  9. Daedaleus

Daedaleus Fapstronaut

Make enough money to buy a jet ski. :p

10. Get_It

Get_It Fapstronaut

Jet Skis are so cool !

MadJackMcMad likes this.
  11. I cope by solving problems. All work amounts to problem solving of different types and levels. What problems do you like to solve?

recon117 and dankestmemes like this.
  12. KiryuKazuma

KiryuKazuma Fapstronaut

I started as an Apprentice on Construction Places when i was 15, but you start to work like a grown up. I didn't know what else to do and i like it, i also like Machines like Excavators and Trucks, so i did the Licence(CDL) for the Big Truck+Trailer and now i build Houses but also tow Machines we need and other Equipments and i like what i'm doing and it's never boring.

Find what you like and you will get used to it.

Roady likes this.
  13. dignifiedrose

dignifiedrose Fapstronaut

The unfortunate reality is that nothing ever comes free. You have to eat, sleep, and live under some roof somewhere. Sure, you could probably subsist for a while operating on nature's calls, living on the streets, scrounging up whatever nourishment comes your way. But if you want to choose your living conditions, your meals, or your future, you've got to exert some effort. It's give and take; spending time to work for that choice is a sacrifice and a savior. You sacrifice your time and energy and get the power to choose how you live in return.

Fortunately, nobody forces you into a job. You're completely free to subject yourself to a transient, detached lifestyle. But you can also look to find a line of work. Whether it's going into blue collar, white collar, or even temporary work, you'll be taking some degree of control in creating stability in your own life. Even if you choose not to, the time in your life will pass regardless. Why not make it your own?

It's your choice, just be aware of the outcomes.

14. This is very good advice

brilliantidiot and dignifiedrose like this.
  15. Ironically enough Bernie has the most diverse group of voters
    Also why are you putting politics into this?

CTRL + DEL likes this.
  16. bestbacon

bestbacon Fapstronaut

Then the only way is to find something that you do like in life and enjoy doing. That way the work that you do will not be work because you enjoyed spending time on it to begin with. If you like to play video games, you can do it for a living. If you enjoy playing an instrument, you can make a living. There are very few obstacles that actually stop you from making a hobby into something that pays you

17. Zfighter2020

Zfighter2020 Fapstronaut

Video games and marijuana help

18. @Sadakiyo I know what you mean.

Keep in mind that you never have to work the same thing with no breaks. You can always, whenever you feel like it, take a break. Maybe a month, maybe a year, maybe more. Of course money issues could arrive. For that I would recommend to try to live with as little as possible (minimalism).

I for example have only a tiny flat, old phone, old computer, no car. This might sound sad for some, but I simply don't need those materialistic things and I feel rich in life! Forgot about luxurious things, forgot about comfort (to an extend). This might sound sad again, but therefore I need to work 15hours or less per week and I can do whatever I want. I could get a full time job for a year and then live 2 years with none at all.

I might also want to start my own business. I love the lifestyle I have right now where I can manage my own time (and still be productive, I am a student financing myself). With a business I would have the same lifestyle.

19. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

7471C650-CE37-48CC-AA16-75DAC77C96B3.jpeg