1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I'm a single M/25. Is getting married a solution to overcome this NOFap? Please Suggest

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by dontdiechikelele, Apr 22, 2018.

1. dontdiechikelele

dontdiechikelele New Fapstronaut

Hi Everyone,

Hope you'll are doing great.
    Just Started My Journey of NOFap!!! Man, its so difficult in the beginning
    Very much wanted to get rid of PMO, Just curious to know as I'm a single M/25. Is getting married a solution to overcome this desire?

Feel free to give your suggestions.

Thanks

PMO addict likes this.
  2. Clean Plate

Clean Plate Fapstronaut

NO. Only you yourself can overcome this habit. You must find a reason to motivate yourself enough to break this vicious cycle called PMO. Depending on other things other than yourself will not be as successful (in my opinion of course). Talking to a therapist, sex addiction anonymous, replacing this habit with another good habit, a belief in a higher power, etc., can also help too. You have to find that strength inside of yourself. Others can help and encourage but in the end the decision to stop will have to come back to you.

PMO addict and Hetr like this.
  3. PMO addict

PMO addict Fapstronaut

(I wrote more in the beginning of my post but it didn't show up when I went to post it, sorry)

I wrote some stuff about how I knew a lot of married people who suffered from PMO addictions. Both partners had to go to program. One to SA and one to S-Anon.

But I see how marriage or a relationship seems like it would meet needs for love/sex/company/belonging/etc. However a relationship isnt guaranteed to be perfect so it might not totally save you from PMO.

(heres what didn't get lost) for me I am not sure I'd be ready for a marriage or even a relationship. But I mean don't let anyone tell you what to do. If you want to try it for yourself, that's probably the best way of learning. I have to learn from my own experiences a lot of times, not just other peoples :)

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018