1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I'm back

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by AfricanDude, Nov 17, 2016.

1. AfricanDude

AfricanDude Fapstronaut

I have a feeling this will be a long post, so tl;dr I first joined this site 500 days ago and haven't watched P or M or O'd since then. Today I messed up. I forgot the password to my old account, so I'm creating a new one and will start from relative scratch.

So... How did this begin? You can read my old journal here: https://www.NoFap.com/forum/index.php?threads/just-another-africans-journal.38684/ if you would like any back story on me. To be entirely honest I'm writing this on here more for me, I've always felt writing things done to be therapeutic and help me get through things. I still haven't watched P since I joined the site, but I MO'd today. Am I upset? I'm pretty upset I have to reset a counter, seriously I was fairly proud of the distance I've gone.

At the same time I am not upset. I've been slacking the past couple months, happily looking at pretty girls. The irony is it always starts out fairly innocent, look at a pretty girl and a couple hours later find myself on google looking at all the things I shouldn't. And all because I didn't just say "Look away", and instead thought "One peak couldn't hurt, ok maybe two...". If you are on this site you probably know what I'm talking about.

So like I say I'm not completely upset with myself, because today was a wake up call that I shouldn't be messing around with things I need to stay away from, its like an alcoholic saying just one drink. On the flip side, I did it once, its not like I'm back to square one, and I'm going to now kick this thing once and for all.

Plus, NoFap has one of the best online communities I've ever been a part of, and I'd love to come back and join in the conversations, maybe even help a few people out.

I'm going to create a new journal and try stick to writing in it everyday, or at least every time I find my mind wondering, and as soon as I figure out how to get those counters back I'll create a couple to keep me motivated.

Thanks for reading if you got this far through my semi self depreciating ramble!

AndySky180 and D . J . like this.
  2. IGY

IGY Guest

Welcome back dude. So, have you told your brother you masturbated today?

D . J . likes this.
  3. AfricanDude

AfricanDude Fapstronaut

Wow you have a memory like I've never seen. Oh wait I just realized you probably just read the journal I linked haha.

Thanks for showing interest mate, no I haven't yet, in all honesty I haven't spoken to him in a few months. But I will next time I see him, after discussing PMO together there isn't much that would embarrass me in front of him

AndySky180 and D . J . like this.
  4. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut

Welcome back!

AndySky180 and AfricanDude like this.